TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sending out another feeler to see if anyone might be interested or knows a local shop that will do custom body work.

Basically I want to add some hood vents to my Taco.

Now because my Taco is my "nice" truck I want this to look good. So what I would settle for on my 88 won't cut the mustard on my Taco.

These would be the vents I would want added to my hood:

http://www.hoodlouvers.com/shop/steel-hi-flow/

What I had in mind is to cut out the holes in my hood and replace them with these vents. I want the top surface of the vent to be flush with the top surface of my hood. Basically like the vents were made like they were part of the hood, if that makes any sense.

Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Hi, I'm Dan... I do custom stuff. :cool:

And check out Gen-Right or GenRight; they're a Jeep company but they're cheaper.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, I was wondering when you would chime in.

Does that mean you have the band width?

Thanks for the suggestion on GenRight. Unfortunately those are all aluminum and they are all pop riveted to the hood.

I want mine flush welded to the hood and painted to match the hood to basically look like it came from the factory that way. Hence why I did the steel weld-in loovers from Run Cool.

I wish I would have known about GenRight when I did the loovers for my 88. Although I don't think they were around at that time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts