TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone need help with a mod? I am an experienced welder/fabricator and will be glad to help out in return for the experience.

·
Registered
676 Posts
This is my new setup, approx 340 HP :::still gets 24 mpg :)::: I need/want to make some changes to that aluminum intercooler tubing. I'm wanting to build an aluminum "airbox" around the exposed filter in the engine bay.

I'm also designing/building a new sheet metal intake manifold (aluminum) and I'm going to be needing someone to weld it. I got robbed and taken advantage of locally on getting that aluminum intercooler piping welding. It was supposed to be a 1.5 hour, 100 dollar job, somehow it turned into a 250 dollar 3 hour, bitchfest ordeal.... I also had some more aluminum work in mind I'd like to have done. Like I said I have cash, and I'm able to help (I just dont have a tig here yet)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be no big deal... I am set up with a mobile rig. How much of a hurry are you? If you have the stuff prepped and ready for welding, you've done all the hard work...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool... look forward to helping out. keep the cash....we'll work it out...barter,.. whatever... it's a hobby...

·
Registered
676 Posts
cool... look forward to helping out. keep the cash....we'll work it out...barter,.. whatever... it's a hobby...
Thats awesome, as a matter of fact, will you be home tomorrow ? I might swing by in the afternoon just to meet you. I'm ALWAYS willing to barter, I've had several guys from several forums at my new place up here, to wrench on their trucks for free. It's a hobby here as well, nothing like flippin on the fans, radios, and the air compressor on a saturday morning. :welder: :welder:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be home in the afternoon... around 6 ish... how good are with electrical? got an old mustang that needs help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool.... i replaced all the wiring with new, but obviously didn't get something right. i have all the books/diagrams, etc... just not a good "wire nut".... I obviously missed something...

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is my new setup, approx 340 HP :::still gets 24 mpg :)::: I need/want to make some changes to that aluminum intercooler tubing. I'm wanting to build an aluminum "airbox" around the exposed filter in the engine bay.

I'm also designing/building a new sheet metal intake manifold (aluminum) and I'm going to be needing someone to weld it. I got robbed and taken advantage of locally on getting that aluminum intercooler piping welding. It was supposed to be a 1.5 hour, 100 dollar job, somehow it turned into a 250 dollar 3 hour, bitchfest ordeal.... I also had some more aluminum work in mind I'd like to have done. Like I said I have cash, and I'm able to help (I just dont have a tig here yet)

Hey I was wondering if I could get some info on your turbo setup, which type of turbo manifold are you running, fuel and motor modz etc.... pm me plz???

THanks
Will

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey I was wondering if I could get some info on your turbo setup, which type of turbo manifold are you running, fuel and motor modz etc.... pm me plz???

THanks
Will
Stock longblock, had the header made by the guy who built the header for my turbo ranger. (Randy)

http://www.eville140.com/Rubano/done2.jpg
http://www.eville140.com/Rubano/done1.jpg
http://www.eville140.com/Rubano/done3.jpg

Full stainless 1/2" thick flanges

Turbo is a bullseye Stage 5 P trim, t3/t04B

Front mount intercooler, mapecu2, 625 cc injectors, aem wideband.
Fidanza aluminum flywheel, paradise racing competition clutch.
Full 3" mandrel exhaust to the back bumper, no cat. converter, no muffler. Amsoil fluids. 4.30 gears. Tial wastegate (38mm) and tial knockoff BOV. ALuminum intercooler tubing, all tigged. LCE/URD Underdrive accessory pullies, and a couple other goodies in there too, dont remember them all.

I think I'm going to put the sheet metal intake manifold, ported head, head studs, more boost, and delete the power steering. All coming later this year (Hello 400hp)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Anthony,
Does any of that stuff effect your gas mileage?
Never mind I missed where you said you still get 24 mpg.
Skip, I'll let you drive it next time I Have it at work. It gets stock gas mileage out of boost, driving like a sane person. You wouldnt know what to do with yourself and all that power.. This is the main reason I wanted to take the lift and tires off, but I didnt want to say anything to anyone till it was finished. :cool:

It makes enough power that it smoked the clutch within a week. It's sitting in my garage for almost a month now. I have to yank the transmission to get the new clutch and flywheel in.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Skip, I'll let you drive it next time I Have it at work. It gets stock gas mileage out of boost, driving like a sane person. You wouldnt know what to do with yourself and all that power.. This is the main reason I wanted to take the lift and tires off, but I didnt want to say anything to anyone till it was finished. :cool:

It makes enough power that it smoked the clutch within a week. It's sitting in my garage for almost a month now. I have to yank the transmission to get the new clutch and flywheel in.
How much has this cost you?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Red I swear I've seen your truck in the Blockbuster parking lot (Northlake in the the publix plaza). Cruz I'm interested in having a aluminum dual battery tray made for my 4Runner. I'm originally Orlando moved to Miramar and will be moving to Jupiter this weekend. Jupiter is so much better than Miramar. I realize that had nothing to do with welding.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 29 Posts