TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so ive been thinking about how beneficial it would be to me to learn how to weld so i can weld my own chit. so which schools around the kennesaw/marrietta area offer welding classes? i was thinking that southern poly would, idk who else buy i know kennesaw state dosent...
...i would be taking it over the summer...

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Greg let me know what you find I'll take the class with ya.

That tech college in Woodstock may or North Metro Tech may as well.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
if there are any "night" classes I'd be down. Heck, it if were early enough I might consider taking a day class..have to check with da boss though.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool ill let you guys know what i find. kyle what times would be good for u? really it dosent matter to me...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah do you think that i would have to apply to the school just to take that one class? ...im thinking that i would but idk...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Buts its pretty easy to get in, regardless so.... let us know what you find out, I've taken an autobody/paint class, but it wasnt that great, we covered a little welding...but I would love to take a new class. Thanks...cr

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright im looking now, but these websites are pissing me off...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hell yeah it would be fun...

i cant find crap on the websites so im just going to send out an email to a couple schools and see how hard it would be to register and what is involved. also $$$ is a issue...i dont want to spend a whole lot since i could probably take it at auburn when i go in the fall. id rather take it as a summer class though and not have to worry about other classes...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...i suck. u probably found that in like 2 mins.

it looks like the WLD 100 dosent involve much welding though from the description? looks like 102 is where u get into the welding, but 100 is the prerequisite for it...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would also like to find something closer since that is an hour away. but it ill only be a few times a week so its not that big of a deal. i was thinking of southern poly or northmetro tech...

matt see if u can find any info on thier sites, since i apparently suck at life...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It looks like those classes are specific to ARC welding. While you can get into ARC welding a lot cheaper than MIG welding, ARC welding is much more difficult to learn. I try to stay away from ARC welding if I can, so that's why I got a 220 MIG.
If you can ARC weld, though, you can pretty much weld anything.....as long as it's not sheetmetal or other thinner materials as ARC welding will burn through that, easily!

·
Registered
489 Posts
this wont really contribute much to you finding a class in georgia but back home in houston i took a welding class at my local houston community college and it was really fun and i learned a lot so i highly recommend taking a good class. because of it im about to buy my own welder so i can work on my own stuff. good luck!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I've seen some good books, but since I have no welder I can't practice or anything like that. That's all it really takes is a little knowledge and practice

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
drguitarum2005 said:
this wont really contribute much to you finding a class in georgia but back home in houston i took a welding class at my local houston community college and it was really fun and i learned a lot so i highly recommend taking a good class. because of it im about to buy my own welder so i can work on my own stuff. good luck!
What he means is so he can work on his stuff, and MY stuff. :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
ARC is easy junk. Mig is alright, however I want to learn to tig for some reason, mainly because I simply dont know how...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i really dont care, i just want to learn how to weld some damn shit on my truck like the fawking tabs for my lights lol.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blitanicle99 said:
ARC is easy junk. Mig is alright, however I want to learn to tig for some reason, mainly because I simply dont know how...

did u get the saws rebuilt? enough so that u could do mine? lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts