TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering if anybody would be to do some welding for me.?
I got sliders welded up by a local shop and the welds are crap.:mad: The welds on one side already started to give when i was jacking up my truck. Basicly I need the sliders taken (cut) off and re-welded the right way.:welder:

I'm in north central phx. Closest int. to me is cave creek rd./greenway prkwy.
sliders are from stubbs if that matters. std. round tube.

http://image53.webshots.com/753/9/2...sfun&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullSize

http://image57.webshots.com/657/3/8...sfun&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullSize

http://image53.webshots.com/653/3/9...ndsfun&track_action=/Owner/Shortcuts/FullSize

http://image59.webshots.com/559/1/6...sfun&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullSize

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take it back to that shop and have them redo it. It's their fuck up why should you pay for it twice.
they did a couple years ago, don't have a receipt. they did crap job why would i want to go back?

and they are out of business!!!

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Cornhole responses like that are why many people don't offer to help when we see a post such as yours. Another reason I'm sure there are a lack of responses is that I don't see any mention of compensation for said work. What you are asking to be done isn't a 10 minute job, most likely would take about an hour if there aren't issues. How many people here on the board know you? We aren't here on the board to provide free labor to random people. We get to know people, develop friendships and try and help each other out when someone needs it. A simple look around will provide you with several reputable shops/people in the Phoenix area that can throw down some phenominal beads, but that's how they make their living so it's not free. You might want to try again, offer some $$$'s or pizza, or beer, or ???? something for their time/talent/expenses. Good day.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
hmmmmmmmm.........cut off crappily welded on sliders......make new frame plates..............add gussets................re-weld frame plates and gussetts on sliders...........clean up frame.................re-weld sliders on properly.............that should only take 20 or 30 minutes right???? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
hmmmmmmmm.........cut off crappily welded on sliders......make new frame plates..............add gussets................re-weld frame plates and gussetts on sliders...........clean up frame.................re-weld sliders on properly.............that should only take 20 or 30 minutes right???? :rolleyes:
Well, if you want it done "right" it'll probably take about as long to run Elvis with 15 trucks at night! :D

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
..........with or without T-Bob??? ;)
Oh...guess I should have clarified that - prolly with T-Bob due to the :saw: and :welder: necessary to do the sliders right. Of course, that does not take into account if TBob tries the waterfall or not! :D

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Oh...guess I should have clarified that - prolly with T-Bob due to the :saw: and :welder: necessary to do the sliders right. Of course, that does not take into account if TBob tries the waterfall or not! :D
So, it should take between 5 and 15 hours?!?!? :D

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
wow!! no one willing to help what a surprise!!!!!!!!!

"Wow" is right, what the hell were you thinking? Sorry, that shit don't fly here. Maybe your attitude had something to do with the shitty workmanship in the first place?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cornhole responses like that are why many people don't offer to help when we see a post such as yours. Another reason I'm sure there are a lack of responses is that I don't see any mention of compensation for said work. What you are asking to be done isn't a 10 minute job, most likely would take about an hour if there aren't issues. How many people here on the board know you? We aren't here on the board to provide free labor to random people. We get to know people, develop friendships and try and help each other out when someone needs it. A simple look around will provide you with several reputable shops/people in the Phoenix area that can throw down some phenominal beads, but that's how they make their living so it's not free. You might want to try again, offer some $$$'s or pizza, or beer, or ???? something for their time/talent/expenses. Good day.

Sorry, just getting frustrated with trying to get this done.
One shop I was told about wont do it, and like I mentioned above, the shop that did do this crap is not around anymore. Anyway I added some pics to my original post so you guys can see what i need to have done.

I guess I was waiting for someone to say they could help before i started in on compensation. I can see your point in that this is an ass-backwards way of doing that.

I know this isn't a 30 min. job. Guess I was expecting someone to give me a time estimate, but how does someone do that with out pics or more info. i dont know. I fucked up. I was/am going to pay to get this done, be it pizza and beer or $$$.

Please Help

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will try to fix when i get home. pics are on that cpu.

I only have free account on webshots, could this be the problem for viewing?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts