TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're doin a sas on a buddies truck with a waggy axle. He got the knuckles rotated so all is well, but how do we know where to position the spring pads? Level with the flat too knuckles? The amount the knuckles were rotated? I'm fucking confused and the axle isn't infront of me to picture it

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I am definately no expert.

Building at ride height:

Wouldn't you set the axle where you want it. As far as caster and pinion angle, then, with the springs attached to the frame, set the mounts and weld.

Maybe tack the mounts and lower the trucks weight on the perches. Then double check caster and pinion.

????

I'll shut up now. If it were me I'd ask Wyatt.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what I was thinking, but it sure as hell doesn't seem difficult enough lol

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I am definately no expert.

Building at ride height:

Wouldn't you set the axle where you want it. As far as caster and pinion angle, then, with the springs attached to the frame, set the mounts and weld.

Maybe tack the mounts and lower the trucks weight on the perches. Then double check caster and pinion.

????

I'll shut up now. If it were me I'd ask Wyatt.
^this set the perches on the axle bolt it all up and set it down on its own weight then push the pinion up/down till you get the desired pinion angle/caster. Check for square and burn the perches on you might have to pull the axle to weld the drivers side idk how much room there is over there with the springs bolted up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts