TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Going to be picking up some Trailgear sliders here in a week or so, and I don't own a welder. I don't like how "flat" they are and wanted to order them not welded together so I could turn them up a little further and keep them closer to the body.

I was wondering if anyone knew how much it might cost to have them welded together? And places maybe in Denver that wouldn't charge a boat load?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
No idea on Denver's cost but I charge $100 to stick on sliders because I am a cheap welding whore.

As for "flatness"; that depends on a few things: door clearance, body lift, actual mounting of legs to frame (pinch weld may prevent un-flatness) and so on. They can be tilted; you'll see how much room there is to work with once you get them.
Hell,take an old paper towel tube and hold it square to the frame; then you can estiamte the angle for the sliders and figure out about how much is available. By that I mean you can see how far out the sliders will sit from the frame and then how much tilt can be had. It takes some imagination but it's possible.

Or am I nuts? :confused:

>>Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts