TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really know if this is the section where i would post this, but i guess it is.. But anyways, last night i parked, and my truck started choking out, i tried to crank it back, and it started blowing white smoke out the exhaust, and some from under the hood, found oil, along with something else on the ground from under the truck. i dont really know what the oill was mixed with. i dont really know what happened internally either.. If you guys could spare some knowledge on what might of happened, and what might be wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Send it down to Yotaman and have him put a 3.4 or a nice diesel into it Cole!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Bummer, hope you figure it out and fixed up. If the engine is shot you might just replace it with a junk yard engine if you can find a decent mileage one.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
White smoke will typically indicate a blown head gasket, or other ways for coolant to enter the combustion chamber. If you're getting oil on the ground it could be from the same issue.

Has the HG ever been replaced?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Did you get it fixed up Cole?
I just ran up on similar problems. The big lesson I learned was: USE genuine TOYOTA headgaskets, or you'll be doing it all over in 30k miles. Both Jordan and myself have run into this. I just had to replace ******'s HG this week.
The Felpro got replaced with TOYOTA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts