TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be a stock friendly trail ride. It will be on Saturday, January 28th

We'll plan on meeting at the rest area just South of Wellsville on SR 7 At Rt 213 http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wellsville,+oh&ll=40.568915,-80.667651&spn=0.007169,0.020385&hl=en
between 9:30-10am and go to the trails from there. If anyone is trailering, we'll drop trailers off at the industrial park just outside of the trailhead. We'll probably wheel till 4ish depending on daylight and carnage (stucks...hopefully ). Bring a lunch, and we'll eat dinner in Wellsville after wheeling.

Your vehicle needs to have: decent tires (not bald), front and rear tow points (for the rear a reciever hitch will be fine), and a full size spare tire.
You also need to bring a lunch and beverages (non-alcholic for the trail)

Recommended, but not absolutely neccessary items are: tow staps, CB, waterproof boots and a spare change of clothes

Depending on which trail head we use there may be a charge of up to $10.00 per person for entrance. You should also bring some $$$ for dinner in town after the ride.

Superposer has volunteered to make a contact list for this run (thanks) please contact him at [email protected] with your name, phone number, and rig info... he'll put it in a document, and e-mail it back to everyone going the week before the event...
just make sure the heading says something like - jan wellsville trip so he doesn't delete it thinking it's spam...

So far he has recieved info from the following people
ABN82MP
SuperPoser
Ohio03trdtaco
99TanTaco
RedRunnertc
NevDep
Doc_Sausage

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Count me in. I will bring a tow strap with me and should be able to get a CB kind of installed. Do you have place in mind for all of us to meet up?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am in on this, end of Jan would be fine just would have to be on a Sat, or Friday night. I have class Sunday night and I need to be back in Athens. I have a CB and a hitch, I have tow chains but not a tow strap. Count me in, I might be able to get a couple of Jeep Cherokees to come as well and maybe another taco.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
howdy dudes,

I'll be there as long as I am not out of town for work...

btw,
the rest stop at the corner of Rt7, and Rt213 is a good meeting place right around the corner from the yellow creek entrance and forbidden zone... (not to mention a pit stop before hitting the trails)

later,
Mike

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Matt, if you would like to meet and drive up together, I live in Byesville, (just south of Cambridge)...
are there any good places to go wheeling down by you?
when I went to OU, I found a couple "jeep trails", but having a sunbird back then, I didn't go very far down the trails...lol

later dude,

Mike

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
As mentioned on the national board/pm'ing you. I am going to try to come in from Indianapolis. Just depends on a few "house keeping chores" I have left on my truck. One important one being getting a full size spare (37" tires are not commonly found on the used tire pile at the local tires outlets)

I will also probably need detailed directions to where ever you decide to meet up at, since I am fairly new to Indiana and never have been further East than I am now.

*oops just noticed this is still on the national board. My mistake.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Sounds good! Just remember that this will probably be the first/maiden voyage out so nothing too hard! :scared:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'd love to join! A few questions cause working around class schedule is a bit tough recently... how far of a drive is it about, from the north side of Cincinnati? (time wise?) And what kind of "front tow points" are neccessary?

Any more specific ideas for which day? I'll see what I can do!

·
Registered
270 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
I'd love to join! A few questions cause working around class schedule is a bit tough recently... how far of a drive is it about, from the north side of Cincinnati? (time wise?) And what kind of "front tow points" are neccessary?

Any more specific ideas for which day? I'll see what I can do!
I know it takes me almost two hours from Columbus, so I would guess about 3.5 hours for you.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Ohio_Taco said:
I know it takes me almost two hours from Columbus, so I would guess about 3.5 hours for you.
dang, how fast do you drive?
I live in cambridge (1 hour and 15 min from columbus) and am at least an hour and a half from wellsville...lol

later,
Mike

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Anybody got a spare front driveshaft for a SAC'ed taco I could borrow for the run? LOL

if you couldn't guess by now, I got the truck finished except for some normal bugs. I just need to bust ass now and try and get the driveshaft and rear gears in before your run!

1 - 20 of 152 Posts