TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from Brandon earlier he is currently in the process of making his Jeep more streetable and plans to be done early February and would like to come down this way for his trial run.

Additionally myself and I'm sure quite a few others would like to get an idea on how much land is still accessible

We would like to do this late in February, as stated in the title this is a exploratory run, we do not know what trails/land is still usable or even the conditions of the entrances, I believe we will have to go in thru "The Village" formerly Forbidden Zone which may cause problems for those of you who tow

Also due to the uncertainty surrounding this trip we will need to limit this run to vehicles that meet the following requirements:
1. 35" or larger tires
2. front and rear tow points
3. full size spare tire
4. front & rear lockers
5. winch

I may drive down there in the next few weeks and try to evaluate the condition of the road leading into The Village

now for those who are still interested we can begin a discussion on the date and we will try to pick a date that works best for everyone

I'm gonna throw the 25th or 26th out there as that gives Brandon the most time to complete his project

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Good summary Terry.

Everyone please remember; we have no idea what the trails are going to be like, or what is still open. This is why we want to limit the types of rigs going. Once we get a baseline for what is there we will plan more trips that are open to all.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If my trailer is done I would like to make it. Truck is 95% ready right now.

Is there a public place near there where you could leave tow rigs the entrance is too bad?

Maybe Walmart? My truck is not super street friendly but I think it would drive from Walmart to the trails and back....if I put a new, not bent rear dshaft in it lol.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
If my trailer is done I would like to make it. Truck is 95% ready right now.

Is there a public place near there where you could leave tow rigs the entrance is too bad?

Maybe Walmart? My truck is not super street friendly but I think it would drive from Walmart to the trails and back....if I put a new, not bent rear dshaft in it lol.
You could park at the rest aria on st 7 and drive up the hill much closer
:2cents:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Should be fun

Thanks for putting a post up Terry and Todd stop being a sissy you better make this run. I am really interested to see what is going on down there. Now it's time to get back to welding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, long time and hope I'm allowed to join you during the spring fling.

For what it's worth. A couple of Tiretown club members went in through Oaktree last week. They asked the money taker how much longer he would be taking money and his reply was "Till I'm told to stop".

So, there is trailer parking there if it's helpful.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wheelin

Just wanting to get with everyone to see what dates might work I'm pretty much open but I still have about 2 weeks I think before my rig will be ready to roll.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I'm out...trailer tapped me out as far as $$ goes....that and I got some parts to still put on the truck....and my wheeling buddy just dropped 2k on parts for his xj today so I will likely be helping with that. Lots of work to do before spring fling lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
March 3rd for Wellsville

Whats up guys I plan to have my rig ready to go this week so proved that I dont die in the next couple of weeks I want to be down to Wellsville on Saturday March 3rd. Thats the date so if your ready to get some early 2012 wheeling in post up. Brandon :welder:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I'm in. Not sure if I will be taking the truck or riding shotgun with someone though.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Gotta call Brandon....i may be riding shotgun with him if his wife is not going.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If I bring my truck is there for sure a place to park trailers? My truck is not currently plated or insured.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
You dont have to do it on my account. A buddy mentioned he would possibly like to go with me and split fuel which would mean I could make. If he dont come I wont make it.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Ill drive down this Sunday morning and check the oak tree entrance, and possibly the fz entrance depending on weather
Let me know what time you are thinking of going. I may join you.

I've been watching wellsvilletrails.com. They have been doing alot of work out at The Village.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was planning on going first thing in morning and taking car (fuel economy ) which is also why I'd only check village entrance depending on weather
I can go at a different time if it works better for you, however looking at a map I'm not sure where you would want to meet at

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I can swing by your place and pick you up if you want. We can take the company car so we don't have to pay for gas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts