TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit FJ yesterday with some people to run JH, DT, and AA. JH went smooth, DT not so smooth. Andrew, Bud, and myself made the fall, Tom and Uriel broke, and another Toyota was having battery issues. After winching Tom up, and Uriel, I proceeded to pull Tom and Uriel as far as I could, which was the second fall. On the way though, we flopped Tom's rig making a turn. Took work just to get Tom up it, and then I just kept driving. Had a little problem on the last little ledge/fall. After that it was throttle down up the "exit road" which is fairly steep, loose, and rutted pulling Tom up. Drove back down to find Andrew trying to pull Uriel up the second fall that we had problems pulling Tom up. Got Uriel up and kept going, and pulled him the rest of the way. Started up the exit with Andrew and I giving it everything we had, no go. My passenger front leaf spring was very angry at this point. I drove to the top and winched, then Andrew came up and winched with a Zuki pushing on the back of Uriel's rig. Finally got out, jockey the rigs around, and started heading back to the trailers while the other went to hit AA.

Starting JH

Tom at the end of JH

Uriel

Bud

Me leading DT, ooops

Tom making it

Uriel

Andrew hitting the DT fall

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/Ridinspinnas/JH and DT/?action=view&current=DSCF0020.flv

Tom breaking on the DT fall

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/Ridinspinnas/JH and DT/?action=view&current=DSCF0023.flv

Uriel broke on the fall, waiting for a winch

Andrew rolling Tom's rig for him

Uriel's rig

Taking a cooling break on the way back

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Uriel has obviously taken "my torch"!:eek: Two rough weekends in a row...that sucks!:confused: Glad I missed it...I told you FJ is the devil (and a big dusty shiatehole)!:D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:withstup:...its all good,it had to happen sooner or later dont you think:rolleyes:
In the words of Barry, you exceeded the maximum number of HP hours for that part!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know there was a good boom, then he could shift through all his gears and t-case options and had no drive at all. The rear output was a bit sloppy, which would explain no rear axle, but he also had no front axle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts