TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so brakes fixed, now I get a really bad vibration at random times. Nothing consistint. It will be fine, and then wham, vibration. If I come to a complete stop. put the truck in N and roll back a bit, then go again, it's fine for awhile, until it starts again. I just checked out everything that I could think of. Coilovers are tight, upper and lower arms and ball joints are ok, front diff is tight. no objects on the drive shafts (balancing weights still attached) u bolts are tightened, nothing it loose. I have Dyna balancing beads in my tires whic have been fine (as in no vibs in the time I have had them). The only thing I can possibly think is that the alignment is off somehow allowing a death wobble to occur... I just want some other ideas for I take it for an alignment..

Oh, the rack bushings are a little loose, but I have new ones waitint to go on.. so I would want to do that before the alignment...

HELP!!!!

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
couldnt hurt to have an alignment shop take a look.:cool:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
atwinda said:
Ok, so brakes fixed, now I get a really bad vibration at random times. Nothing consistint. It will be fine, and then wham, vibration. If I come to a complete stop. put the truck in N and roll back a bit, then go again, it's fine for awhile, until it starts again. I just checked out everything that I could think of. Coilovers are tight, upper and lower arms and ball joints are ok, front diff is tight. no objects on the drive shafts (balancing weights still attached) u bolts are tightened, nothing it loose. I have Dyna balancing beads in my tires whic have been fine (as in no vibs in the time I have had them). The only thing I can possibly think is that the alignment is off somehow allowing a death wobble to occur... I just want some other ideas for I take it for an alignment..

Oh, the rack bushings are a little loose, but I have new ones waitint to go on.. so I would want to do that before the alignment...

HELP!!!!
Could just be that gerbil acting up again. Maybe it's time to lure it out.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only problem is that the alignment shop up here charges $100 bucks to align it :\ And if that's not the problem, I will be pissed.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SteveO said:
Could just be that gerbil acting up again. Maybe it's time to lure it out.
I think that the gerbil issue was only a problem in the Canadian release trucks ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts