TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Rausch the only place in PA with events and wheeling? It seems every thread on here talks about it.

Any Easterners on here? Any events on this side of the state?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Is Rausch the only place in PA with events and wheeling? It seems every thread on here talks about it.

Any Easterners on here? Any events on this side of the state?
I believe Rausch Creek is the only legal place to wheel on this side of the state that has something for everyone. We use to have Paragon until it closed down. There is Rock Run, but that's a group ride only, and it's out west in Patton. Hopefully they turn that into a normal park where all you have to do is show up and pay to wheel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's a few places out my way but both are peoples' property. My cousin owns around 100 acres and he's pretty good about letting people wheel there. The other place is close to his and you have to ask permission and sign a waiver then you're good to go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes, this side of PA sucks for wheeling.. I found that the closest place for serious wheeling is wellsville, OH. its about and hour and 30 mins easy ride. about the same distance to Rock Run... and I have been wheeling out where Condortaco01 mentioned. I am sure there are lil trails all over just need to find them. If your itching to wheel send me a pm and lets get something going. :driving:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks. I would definitely take you up on the offer to wheel sometime but I'd need to stay on the easier trails. I've never trail road a vehicle before but am not afraid to get my Taco dirty - within reason. Once I have the OME lift and some new tires, I'll be a bit more capable.

I do plan to be at the BeaveRun Dirt Days in August. Trying to get people to go with me but I only have "possibles" from unreliable friends so I may be going alone. I'd meet up with you guys if you'll be there.

Also, I ride bikes around here and there are ALOT of places to wheel - you just have to know the area. Slate dumps are very easy places to get into. When we bike, we need to worry about parking. With a truck, I'll drive right in. Plus you don't have to worry abuot people messing with your stuff. Fayette county has a nice place - the falls.

I've been to rock run several times on a bike. It is a great place but they get some serious crawlers up there (fully caged 'boats'). I hope they put in some regular trails rated for different vehicles and you can just pay and go. That would be great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts