TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is everybody? I am looking for some toyota people in the area since every rig I see seems to be a heep. Thought about running up to the Canadian River this weekend or see if anyone knows of anything closer to Lubbock.
Shoot me a line or something,

Thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Sorry, not in the Lubbock area. I'm in Dallas. Was just wondering if you've ever been to West Texas Baja just west of Lubbock - www.westtexasbaja.com. If so, do they still hold grassroots races there?

Also, I heard there's some kind of annual Jeep run near Palo Duro Canyon on someone's private property. Unfortunately, it's a jeep-only event based on the rumor I heard. Was wondering if there's anything else near Palo Duro Canyon that you know of that's open to the public.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Have you tried posting on the New Mexico board?

NEW MEXICO

You guys might get some responses there and be easier to hook up with other wheelers in the area.

My car club had to do that. Even though they were part of the Central Chapter of our club.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I just moved to Dumas for a couple of months.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im located in San Angelo, TX due to a job change i'll be in Artesia, NM for several months before moving to the los cruces, NM area. Im used to mesquite trees and brush, sand and desert will be a change

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Las Cruces has A LOT of wheeling areas. Went out there a while back to visit relatives and explored some areas in a Jeep and had a blast! Hope you get to go wheelin' out there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Las Cruces has A LOT of wheeling areas. Went out there a while back to visit relatives and explored some areas in a Jeep and had a blast! Hope you get to go wheelin' out there.
Im sure after moving out there alone i'll probably get lonely & bored and go check out the trails frequently. I've posted up in the NM section and there are a couple guys living in that area who offered to show me around.

Also what type of wheeling did you encounter in
LC? I am in need of new tires and plan to buy a new set this week before driving out there, I don't want to step on my own toes getting something that doesnt work out there. before the move came up i was thinking either MTR or trxus M/T

·
Registered
126 Posts
We have alot of sand, and more sand. A little hard pack, but mostly sand. Out on the trails, MT/Rs in my opinion take the cake. This part of the country is extremely advantageous for wheelers. You will have a blast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im located in San Angelo, TX due to a job change i'll be in Artesia, NM for several months before moving to the los cruces, NM area. Im used to mesquite trees and brush, sand and desert will be a change
There's some great wheeling near Artesia. You're only an hour from Cloudcroft, NM, and just a little more to the ruidoso area. There's great wheeling in Dark Canyon area just west of Carlsbad Caverns NM 30 miles away! I'm in Odessa, but wheel in those areas.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Desert Races (BITD, SCORE, etc.) in W. Texas?

Just wondering if there are ever any offroad truck races out there. I thought I recalled hearing that there were a few out there. So far Ive got nothing on the schedules but wanted some first hand info from those in W. Texas.

BTW Im interested in spectating not racing.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I think Juarez has some races. West Texas Baja just west of Lubbock also had some kind of racing on their short course. I also heard about a race on the U.S. side near El Paso last year or the year before that.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I think Juarez has some races. West Texas Baja just west of Lubbock also had some kind of racing on their short course. I also heard about a race on the U.S. side near El Paso last year or the year before that.
Thanks man. Anybody else have any info?

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Thanks man. Anybody else have any info?
Here's some info on that El Paso race:

http://texasoff-road.com/index.html

Looks like it's scheduled for March 28-29 of this year. Also have something scheduled for July 4th weekend, but it doesn't say exactly where.

I've also seen on the Mexican racers' forum events near Juarez. If I come across any info, I'll post it up here.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts