TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a nice day out and I was at work and decided to get it a little wet and dirty. I ran it hard through the first of many patches of mud that I was looking to hit. Once through I noticed my car wasn't running well the gas wasn't getting sucked up and then out of no where stalls. I popped open the hood to see if it was anything serious and could't tell from there but let it cool down and then tried again. It took a little gas to get it going but once it was started everything was good. What could this have been? What can I do different the next time I decide to get dirty?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Did you check your air filter? The truck will stall out if it gets too wet/caked. make sure your radiator isnt covered in mud either because it wont dissipate heat as well. Just be careful not to suck water.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i sucked up water then damn that sucks because it was only maybe 6" deep that would suck. When i came home i cleaned off everything under my truck. Everything since then has been running good so I think I'm alright.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Could have soaked the distributor as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks for the input it will make for a better trip next time. Is there anything that I can put on my truck to help from doing that at all? I have been looking into doing somesort of snorkle or something to help my truc breath better. What are your suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts