TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a fun snow trip to Bowman Lake with the Apples and their FJ40. We had a great time. We went sledding, met some cool people and a baby bear. We were driving on snow under 5k right before Poor Man Creek. From there it just got deeper. We were over 2ft deep at the summit of the trail at 6160ft. We had fun playing around, drifting and hammering on it, things you can't do on the trail itself without destroying it. I love SNOW! Let's me unleash my Redkneck and drop my right foot down.

So we made it. Always fun plowing up the west side on fresh powder! Same place where me, Downpour and Stokes pushed up early 13'. I'll let the Pics tell the rest of the story...

Stop for sledding

I wanna play!

Ryan's sick FJ40, so classy

No class, all bash

No more dirt!

Getting to deep, taking it to pound town!

That's his happy face :becky:

And just churning uphill in one SLOW steady pace to the top. 3rd gear in 4LO with rear diff locked at 4k RPM.

Breaking the Summit

Gotta love that 40!

Slide it over--->

Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yEVPazBdgU&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All downhill from here

Heading Home

GoPro

The new projectors do great

We met a few new people and even some forum guys.
Ran into Chad on our way out, didn't recognize him at first with the "new" LC.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yeah we got a little bit the other day at 3600 feet but the rain took it all away as it warmed up. A little snow is mixed in with the rain today. I'm looking for some snow on the ground tomorrow if the temp drops a little. I'm just off 20, a mile from the 5 Mile House. We're overdue for some serious snow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love that place! We were looking at a place up that way but it got rented before I could snag it. I made the call on this stupid house in suburbia hell since it's close to school and it "looked" safe. NEVER AGAIN. For the first time ever, my truck is locked in a locked garage. Just had the most beautiful idea ever.... I'. gonna make a wind chime out of empty 40 shells. I'm gonna youtube it, probably already been done.

Let me know when you wanna go. I'm either :welder: or ready/

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I was likley too busy drinkin and bullshittin. You should have said hi. I'm usually there Tuesdays at the bar with a bunch of other old farts. Plus I'm too old and pussy to play in the snow. I get enough of it just dealing with it on a daily basis. I'm figuring we'll get a lot of it this year as we're way over due for it up here. Last year we only got a couple of feet or so total. I think normal for around here is five or six feet over the winter.

My neighbor and i were up there too, saw foster getting a beer at the five mile house on the way haha... how come you didn't come wheeling??

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
From what I've seen it's pretty damn safe around here. I hardly ever lock the doors. Rather it's not as safe for those who like to make other peoples lives miserable. There are too many people packing up here. They might walk right into the muzzle of a 12 gauge or somethin. Not as favorable odds as down in the city where there are so many willing to play the role of victim. Plus with all the growers around here it's safer for them to stay out of trouble and walk the straight and narrow.

I love that place! We were looking at a place up that way but it got rented before I could snag it. I made the call on this stupid house in suburbia hell since it's close to school and it "looked" safe. NEVER AGAIN. For the first time ever, my truck is locked in a locked garage. Just had the most beautiful idea ever.... I'. gonna make a wind chime out of empty 40 shells. I'm gonna youtube it, probably already been done.

Let me know when you wanna go. I'm either :welder: or ready/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts