TTORA Forum banner

Which park would you like to Attend for the WFTW Event?

• YO Ranch Mountain Home, TX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruff Canyon Del Rio, TX

• Santa's Playground Juno, TX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See subject thread:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92803

We need to take a poll of where to establish the WFTW event come April 2009. Where would you like to attend and honor our fellow Vets? I did not include Trees Ranch b/c it looks like they will be setting up an an event as well. Make your vote and state reason if possible. Links to parks:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showpost.php?p=849961&postcount=7

My vote goes to BMRA in Gilmer b/c it is large enough to hold an event this size. It has a lot of everything, especially good trails for beginners or wheelers that like to take the scenery routes. I think we will have a lot of beginning wheelers that would love to attend.
It is also located in a great location to where we can have other wheelers attend form neighbor states. It is well maintained and has great and sufficient camp sights, RV hook ups, and hotels near buy to stay at for those that prefer. It is a nonprofit organization that uses funds collected to maintain trails, keep TMTC parks open, invite new members, and look into opening new similar parks in our wonderful State of Texas.

Laters!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I vote katemcy for its proximity to the actual center of Texas. that way it won't alienate the folks way out west or down south, and it would still not be too far away for the folks up north.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
No Preference. not going to be able to make it because i'm going to shilo this weekend, beach clean up that weekend, and long ranch may 9-11.
why such a short notice, or did i miss it in the thread?

·
Registered
532 Posts
No Preference. not going to be able to make it because i'm going to shilo this weekend, beach clean up that weekend, and long ranch may 9-11.
why such a short notice, or did i miss it in the thread?
its next year dude, april 2009.

jose, is that last location supposed to be satan's playground or have they opened up the north pole for wheeling?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I voted for Gilmer for the reasons stated above. Anyway, is this event open to any 4x4? Is it alright to invite other clubs?

ED, that is correct. We will extend the invitation to all the off-road clubs that we can get a hold of to make this a good size event for a good cause. You can start by extending it yourself.

http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/

THX!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Great! Just sent a PM to the Toyota Trail Riders Prez, and posted about it at the following forums:

www.dfw-tx4wd.org
www.fullsizebronco.com
www.thecj2apage.com
www.lonestarjeepclub.org

I'll keep spreading the word. Heck, maybe if we can get a flyer we can ask off-road shops, like 4WPW for instance, to display it. Maybe local VA hospitals and military bases would also let us display flyers. I'll also plan on calling or visiting the local VFW.

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
when does the poll close? I am talking to a few local shops that are interested in getting involved and it would be great if I could tell them where it will be

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just set it for a 100 days after the initial date but we should know where after a month or so. I extended the invitation to this poll in the WFTW website and I think Ed is extending it further on in other off-road sites. If anyone else can do the same, that would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I just set it for a 100 days after the initial date but we should know where after a month or so. I extended the invitation to this poll in the WFTW website and I think Ed is extending it further on in other off-road sites. If anyone else can do the same, that would be great.
Yeah, I've already gotten interest from the Toyota Trail Riders, DFW-TX4WD club, the Lonestar Jeep Club and Fullsize Broncos. If I can think of or find any other places to pass the word onto, I'll do so.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Don't know why I hadn't thought of this place before, but g503.com is nothing but restored military vehicles, many owners of which are vets themselves. One vet was even wounded in Iraq. He's retired military and mostly healed up, but he still has a little trouble from his wounds from what he's told me. He restores M151's (the Vietnam era jeep-looking rigs) and even competed in one at the '06 Mega Run in Gilmer. Needless to say, I PM'ed him and posted some info about the WFTW event on their forum.

I'll keep y'all updated on any more contacts I make....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I voted Gilmer, cause I know quite a few Arkansas and Louisiana folks that don't mind making the short drive for a weekend of awesome wheeling. And all for a good cause. :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I vote for Gilmer also I think it is a good location and has a lot of are for getting together. The trails range from mild to hard so it is great for all. Plus they are an established organization that helps out the Off-road community.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
i voted Gilmer, as far as i know its the closest to Arkansas and i know where its at

1 - 20 of 24 Posts