TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The committee had a meeting last week and we talked about several things related to our TTORA. One was the scheduled date of Wheelers for the Wounded (WFTW).

I am very grateful because they help shine some light on the subject and we decided to push the date of the WFTW event as the closing event for the WFTW tour. We didn't plan it this way but it seems like an awesome idea to me.

Reason why we deiced to push it back was mainly due to the fact that there was two WFTW events planned back to back here in Texas and both in the northern side of Texas. Midnight Four Wheelers is hosting the event at Boulder Creek the first weekend on May (04/31/08) and we think they are doing a great job.

We would like to make this event a very entertaining event for everyone including TMTC. Having similar events weekend after weekend does force us into competing with each other resulting in maybe poor turn out for both parties. An event like this will not only benefit the wounded vets but would also increase awareness for TMTC and it's parks.

I would like to Thank Jason Havlik for being understanding and helping us postpone the event to a later date. We had a small talk and decided pushing the event towards the end would be best since there really is not any open weekends that would not conflict with any other event.

We will still continue to do and schedule more charity events around the state of Texas to spread awareness of the event. The charity event happening in San Antonio at Paseanos 1604, I would like to dedicate towards spreading awareness for the event coming up in Boulder Creek.

I hope we are getting the information out with enough time for future planning. We am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we think it is for the best.

See WFTW Event schedule:
http://www.wheelersforthewounded.com/eventsch.htm

Thanks all! Thoughts.......

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to take this chance to invite everyone to spread awareness of this two noble events taking place here in your home state. I would also like to encourage you to try to attend and help out the Midnight Four Wheeler Group with what ever you can. Make a contribution by simply showing up and donating your vehicle and sponsor a wounded vet.
I will be in contact with Richard (organizer from Midnight) to see how we can help out. I will also invite him over here to give us his perspective.

Rescheduling the event back in Texas after the one in Georgia would put Jason H. into an economic bind. So I have promised him we would help him out with at least the gas expenses for his trip. We can not have an event without Jason and he would love to be at every event to show his appreciation.

Thoughts.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Question -- why is the one in Gilmer not listed on the schedule? Toyota Trail Riders is supposed to be helping with this one I think it is scheduled for April 24 thru 26

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ok miss-understood -- the one in Gilmer is being rescheduled! ok got it now - that might be hard -- I need to check -- when is ICBM?

Just checked our calender we have a run at Gilmer the 3rd weekend of September and the 4th weekend of Oct -- I guess they will work this out maybe combined them or something.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
We discussed possibly making this in conjuntion w/ the halloween run, which has, in the past, fallen on the same weekend as ICBM. It's all still under discussion, though.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I am going to try to attend this one.... I submitted a chnge of days off at work.

Texas - April 31 - May 3
Place: Boulder Creek Farms
Time: TBA
Host: Midnight Four Wheelers

Anyone else going to try?

http://www.bouldercreekfarms.org/directions.html

Not too bad of a drive either....

7420 FM 1431, E. Marble Falls, Texas 78654

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well with the schedule change I'm not going to make the Boulder Creek or the Gilmer event. Looks like I might be able to make the Hot Springs event.
I'm sorry to hear that.

We discussed possibly making this in conjuntion w/ the halloween run, which has, in the past, fallen on the same weekend as ICBM. It's all still under discussion, though.
Correct, and to add more of what was discussed about this, the only problem we see about this is it falls right on Halloween and families might plan to do something else including the Vets.

For now the schedule says the first weekend of Oct. but that might change depending on the feedback.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Ok miss-understood -- the one in Gilmer is being rescheduled! ok got it now - that might be hard -- I need to check -- when is ICBM?

Just checked our calender we have a run at Gilmer the 3rd weekend of September and the 4th weekend of Oct -- I guess they will work this out maybe combined them or something.
Relax, everything will work out... this event is a priority for TTR and we are discussing it. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is Really Good. Talk to 300 Wheelers at Jambo about April 24th and have that heart felt story about Wounded Vets and then change the event to October without discussing it with the folks that are actually attending...

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THX for your concern but that is why we are acting with 2 months anticipation. With how the economy is and how people are saving their pennies then having two similar events back to back, it didn't seem like a good idea after all.
We have to accommodate everyone here and not just us in the Toyota community; it is an open event. I have been getting a lot of feed back of others wanting to attend both but due to them being back to back, they are a no show.
It will be OK.

·
Registered
469 Posts
This is Really Good. Talk to 300 Wheelers at Jambo about April 24th and have that heart felt story about Wounded Vets and then change the event to October without discussing it with the folks that are actually attending...
Oh blow it up your ass! You could have been grown up and civil and said it was not a good idea in detail, but to cry like a little bitch and whine is retarded...good self image projected. You really downgrade the aggie name.

[/rant off]

·
Registered
469 Posts
Especially after Valkyrie came in here and said to relax and it will work out...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh blow it up your ass! You could have been grown up and civil and said it was not a good idea in detail, but to cry like a little bitch and whine is retarded...good self image projected. You really downgrade the aggie name.

[/rant off]
Actually I believe I was quite civil. I am not the one who started in with the personal insults or the obscene language. Before talking about my self image go ahead and re-evaluate your own.

This is a VERY very important event. Yes one must cater to more than just the Toyota crowd, but to be so foolish as to believe that an event put on by a Toyota club will not be attended by a majority of Toyota's is just insane. And when put in the spotlight at the biggest Toyota event in Texas and announcing the date, one should realize that many people made up their minds right then and there whether they were coming or not.

Now if Jose and the powers that be think the Event will be more successful at the beginning of October that is cool, I just want to remind the people thinking about the event of the speech that was given at Jambo and the impact it had on 150 rigs and their owners.

I will be at the event regardless of what day it is and I hope that you are there also so that I can meet you and exchange these polite words in person.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be at the event regardless of what day it is and I hope that you are there also so that I can meet you and exchange these polite words in person.
Regardless of when the polite words were said the message is the same and the impact is the same weather it was said yesterday or 2 months from now.

As far as the date changes go, I hope 2 months in advance is sufficient time to plan any other event around the late April and early May time frame for those planning on attending.

BTW this is getting announced else where as well, not only Toyota events. We have done several charity events before with other clubs and we feel like they all support the event just as much.

Now I see it as, "Yes, we get to close the event in TEXAS!" Let's look at it on the bright side.

Everyone: I would like to ask you to please cross post this info to where you see convenient. I have started to forward the info via email to all the emails of contacts interested.

OK, no more name calling, ya'll can set up your personal chat room later.

Laters, I'm having a beer b/c tomorrow I'll give it up for 40 days again.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Actually I believe I was quite civil. I am not the one who started in with the personal insults or the obscene language. Before talking about my self image go ahead and re-evaluate your own.

This is a VERY very important event. Yes one must cater to more than just the Toyota crowd, but to be so foolish as to believe that an event put on by a Toyota club will not be attended by a majority of Toyota's is just insane. And when put in the spotlight at the biggest Toyota event in Texas and announcing the date, one should realize that many people made up their minds right then and there whether they were coming or not.

Now if Jose and the powers that be think the Event will be more successful at the beginning of October that is cool, I just want to remind the people thinking about the event of the speech that was given at Jambo and the impact it had on 150 rigs and their owners.

We can have polite words whenever, and it wasn't that obscene. Your explanation here was really what you should of said in the first place. I think what got me was the talk about heart felt-ness and grouped in the same speech that portrayed as if someone had failed something. Yeah WE ALL have to reschedule, and it's understandable that some won't be able to make it...but at least there was/is a fair amount of time in this warning.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I just got off the phone with Kevin from the MidSouth JeeP club.

Their event at SUPERLIFT on - April 17-19, IS going to be an OPEN EVENT!!
If there Is anyone that would like to join them, His goal is to reach at least 100 rigs :)

http://www.midsouthjeeps.com/

Let's not forget WHY we are doing this.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
this is just an open post. it's not directed at anyone, and is only for some further info on the change of dates.

the decision to change the event wasn't w/ out debate and background information. from talking w/ several different clubs (both toyota and non toyota), it was found that if the events were held back to back, the majority of folks would rather attend the boulder creek event rather than the gilmer one. The main reason for this was that they had never been to boulder creek and wanted to try it out. Instead of compete against this, we decided to join up w/ the boulder creek folks and have our event later in the year to avoid a lackluster turnout at either of our events. Plus, we get to finish up the tour of the US in our own back yard! :woot:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts