TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not take a lot of pictures this trip. But I will post a few and others will hopefully share theirs.

Eric taking a stab at the first obstacle on Grizzly:

As always, the views from Baldwin Lake were awesome:

Then there is good news and bad news for Tincup Pass. The good news is that the bulldozered super highway that was Tincup last year has "healed" itself over the winter and spring and is like a trail again. The bad news is that it is not open to the summit yet.

Personally, I had a great time this weekend. I have decided that CoTTORA and ATVs do not mix. Anytime CoTTORA is around, and I am on an ATV, it rains, and I get soaked. Happened last summer too! :D

·
20,355 Posts
Was a great weekend. Damn eric, that ledge was even dry when you were on it.

I ended up running Iron Chest on saturday. the boulder feild was easier than expected, and that trail has some awesome views. one of my favorites for sure. Then when we were on the top of iron chest it began to rain. we met up with FJ and company and a few of us did the first ledge on grizzly followed by the first half of baldwin.

Today we watched the big boys run the entrance and exit of carnage with a quick run of OCG in between.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Was a great weekend. Damn eric, that ledge was even dry when you were on it.
Yep. Heavy-ass FJ with low cross-over. I'm considering a weight-loss program. I thought about stacking rocks, but... The Jeep that came up behind us (ironically one of out WFTW! 4" lift, 33s locked F/R) was nice enough to stack some rocks so he could get up, but even after they got kicked out by a couple of you climbing up I was impressed how most of you relatively walked it (sorry you were denied Doug, but by the time you got up there it was pissing wet and muddy.) Perhaps I should have tried it in the rain :D

I'll bog down the thread with some pics in a few :)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nice background for three truggies. The first two are Jim and Nancy who will be joining us for WFTW. The orange rig was visiting them from Mississippi. The tan Rambler you'll see is George and his wife Terry.

The ENTRANCE Right off the bat it was challenging and we worked the winch and Hi-lift a few times up the trail.

Working their way up. It rained the day before, so lots of slippery sand to make everything more interesting.

Everyone got in plenty of flexing and grinding

V-notch was a challenge for everyone and everyone had to winch out of it. With the wet and mud, it just wasn't possible to maintain traction on either side.

But Shawn had the most fun...

... because he flopped good! After a couple of winch attempts forward, Shawn drove himself back onto four wheels by cleverly reversing. Fawking awesome to watch him work his rig.

Jim and Nancy walked over this tippy-inducing boulder

Mississippi and Terry (awesome driver BTW) took a strap to avoid scraping the passenger-side wall, but still got some

The Rambler now has a beauty mark creasing the hood

I shit you not, this is NOT a stuck. Shawn drove into, over and out of this.

The EXIT. Everyone winched out safely.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
The Jeepers went on to run Minesweeper later that day and plan to bring a total of 4 buggies to WFTW on July 18th.

The only trail we did not scout was Mount Antero (opting to buggy action instead), but judging by the snow still present on Tincup, I'd place odds on snow still blocking Antero up high.

I'm curious to get feedback from the other drivers about plans for WFTW and which and how many trails would be appropriate, but let's not clog this thread with that. More pics and vid!!

·
20,355 Posts
great pics man. I was really suprised how easily i went up the ledge on gizzly. Last year it took me about 30 minutes of work and stacking, though i did not try the line i made this year then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great pics!

Nice to meet everyone, Terry & I had a great time on carnage. I think that dent in the hood will buff right out :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Awesome!!!! :D

So iron chest is open?

I want to see some of the picts from minesweeper.

·
7,735 Posts
I didn't even know they ran mine sweeper... seemed like they were gone before we even got back to the trail head.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
So sorry Troy and I missed you all but it was a good weekend off from wheeling. LOL

I'm excited for WFTW. Super col shawn got up there. What did he think of BV Carnage?

So get excited for the WFTW Wrench-a-thon next weekend. Remember I need your full name and SS# By wednesday if you even think you might come (For the base entrance!) :D

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Shawn was happy with the trail, but he has some opinions regarding the matter i'll let him voice on his own if he chooses to do so.

I might get around to editing pics tonight... we'll see.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
:flipoff3:

im working on it dammit!

This 'wheel stand' on whales tail you guys spoke of was minimal... i was expecting a little more :p

-- Uploading now.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Im uploading now, I didnt take many pics... ike/doug took more pics of me on 2 obstacles than i did out of the whole trip lol I wasn't really feeling up for it this weekend.

EDIT: Heres pics, i had everything typed up and organized once, then this fucking computer glitched and i lost it... so i'm not going to elaborately put them together again.

Please ask before using my pics, I hate watermarked photos so I dont do it to mine. However, I've seen a few lately that have been taken, and no credit has been given which irritates me.

Heres the highlights/my favorites:

(All the higher up you were doug)

-- No, I didn't make whales tail. I think it's pretty obvious in the pictures why I didn't as well. Mud-slick tires + mud caked rock = zero traction. It might as well of just been ice.

Heres a link to the rest:
http://users.4x4wh.com/4x4master/yota/6-20-09/

- Sorry Shawn, I didn't get many of you on BV. The ones I had of you doing obstacles/fun shit, there was always someone smack center of the photo that was in the way.

Mickey*B, I got a few good ones of your rig though.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Nate killer pics as always, and if for some reason i forget to give you credit, bitch slap me! Your pics are very credit worthy!!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Now THAT's a trail! Great pics! Love those boulder fields. Those muddy tires on that big rock looked pretty hopeless, Nate - but I understand you have to try. You guys are killing me with all this wheelin'. I'm still holding off on wheeling anything tougher than forest roads until I get at least one spare CV. But I finally got the new armor on her and repaired the mini truck (needed a U-joint, is all). Today was the first time I had it in 4wd since Moab. Hope to be good to go hit it hard again by next weekend.

Again... Great pics, Fantastic trail! :xsmokin1: :headbang:

·
Registered
434 Posts
yea that d80 or d90 whatever it is that you have is siiiick. plus, you've definitely got an eye for it (assuming you took the majority of the pics i've seen you post...) always love seein wheelin pics!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts