TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I run a 3" EZlift spacer with a 3" body lift. I starting to switch my 4 cyl coils to v6 nonTRD coils, after I got one side done I started to look at my ball joints and got a little nervouse about the angle it was sitting at. So being the kind of guy I am :D - I started thinking - is there a way to put a small ball joint spacer inbetween the upper control arm and ball joint? Kinda of like the ProComp kit... Not sure on this one... just looking for some other input
Bobby

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
if you dd that, then the A-Arms would no longer be parallel to each other which would mess up the susp. geometry. How much i dont know though.

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
joeylead said:
if you dd that, then the A-Arms would no longer be parallel to each other which would mess up the susp. geometry. How much i dont know though.
This is true and it will limit the travel even more(at an exponetial rate). Not a good design or even something anyone should try. However if you are concernec about your BJs then look into the different types of a-arms and unibal construction bjs. They can handle more abuse and worst angles.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
DCabTaco said:
This is true and it will limit the travel even more(at an exponetial rate). Not a good design or even something anyone should try. However if you are concernec about your BJs then look into the different types of a-arms and unibal construction bjs. They can handle more abuse and worst angles.

I second this advise, if you are concerned about the balljoints, you really have 5 options:

1) Get differen upper A-arms with uniballs
2) Become a pro at changing them
3) Purchase a drop bracket lift which puts them back to stock locations
4) Less lift in front
5) Dont worry about it and just change them if/when the fail.

This isnt meant to be sarchastic, they are really just your options.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I never though about that. But you are totally right. Looks like I will just worry about when and if they go. I work at a dealership so I've pretty much got all the access of tools I will need. Thanks for the input guys.
Bobby

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
Do a search over on the "YotaTech" board. There is a guy over there who has been selling balljoint spacers and quite a few members have been running them. I have no use for them, so I haven't kept up on the threads, but at least you might be able to get an idea of what the end result is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ball joint spacers

actually i have wondered this for awhile... i saw a company that made them nitrous enterprises...but no longer in business i dont think....the arms are different lengths anyway so its not like they stay and the same angle to each other through out the suspension's full cycle...the shorter one (top) goes through more angle change then the lower....I have found tons of spacers for the 89-95 style trucks but none for taco other than site mentioned before

1 - 9 of 9 Posts