TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this place is ghost town, where could one go to find Tacoma info? Picked up a 2018 TRD Off Road and want to find info about things like the grey wire mod.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That site is no joke. They have a thread with over 300 pages just on magnetic grey trucks. At the pace this ghost town runs, it could take 1 million years to reach that number here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since this place is ghost town, where could one go to find Tacoma info? Picked up a 2018 TRD Off Road and want to find info about things like the grey wire mod.
How do you like it so far? 6mt or auto?

I hear you can only get the 6mt in short bed... gay.

The gear ratios for the 6mt and auto are also obnoxiously different. From what I through into a gear\rpm\speed calculator the auto spins like 1000 RPM lower at highway cruising speeds than the same motor with manual.... wtf?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loving it so far. Ordered the TRD grille because the honeycomb ugly ass one has to go. Trying to find a rear bumper that doesn't weigh a ton. Next will come lift, trd wheels and 285s.

Got the AT. I don't have time or desire to shift gears. It doesn't seem as peppy as I remembered my 03, not to mention several years in the Tundra with the 5.7 might have slanted my view.

really dig the 20mpg!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Loving it so far. Ordered the TRD grille because the honeycomb ugly ass one has to go. Trying to find a rear bumper that doesn't weigh a ton. Next will come lift, trd wheels and 285s.

Got the AT. I don't have time or desire to shift gears. It doesn't seem as peppy as I remembered my 03, not to mention several years in the Tundra with the 5.7 might have slanted my view.

really dig the 20mpg!
Are you getting 20 MPG driving around normally or pussyfooting it?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why post here? There are like 3 people that post here. It is a shame that bitch Shannon didn't sell it sooner, but apparently the new owners are equally as worthless. I was all jacked up to go to the next national takeover, but looks like that was too much work. Wouldn't surprise me to see Shannon rolling around in a Jeep.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
How do you like it so far? 6mt or auto?

I hear you can only get the 6mt in short bed... gay.

The gear ratios for the 6mt and auto are also obnoxiously different. From what I through into a gear\rpm\speed calculator the auto spins like 1000 RPM lower at highway cruising speeds than the same motor with manual.... wtf?
I have had mine for a year now, the 6 speed Manual is buttery smooth compared to the 2nd Gen and the Revs are also similar to a 2nd Gen. I test drove the Automatic and did not like the gearing as it was way too shift happy. The only way to get a long bed Manual is a Sport Access Cab otherwise it is all double cab short beds, they cancelled the 4 cylinder manual for 2018. Mine has been a solid 20 MPGs since day 1, the powerband is different than previous Tacoma's as this one has its power high up in Revs, once you adjust your driving style it is fine. The ride is way better than before and the cabin is much quieter, the heated seats and sunroof are awesome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts