TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been lurking in the forum for a while...reading and trying to get some helpful info....

Im soon in need of a clutch replacement...and i would like to know what ppl have used and what works well....

im looking for a oem style for durability, i use my truck for work, and the occasional offroad trek

i have searched for this question and have come up with 2 brands, Valeo and Luk

any thoughts? i live in canada so shipping is always an issue...
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
What mods do you have? With all the engine upgrades I have, I went with a Spec stage 3+ clutch, rated to 650ft/lbs. Granted, it's overkill as my truck will never see that...but when my stocker started slipping around 30k I knew I was going to need something that could take some abuse.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Valeo is a good choice. But remember to spend the money on a genuine Toyota throwout bearing.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
OEM Aisin clutch or Valeo brand are both good quality. Like rojo said, buy whatever clutch you want, but definately use an OEM throwout bearing.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I would reccomend OEM again. I've only heard of nightmares with anything else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are and will be no performance mods to my truck...its my daily driver with the 2.7L.....

i have had a stage 3, 6 puck HD clutch in my turbo prelude and that got annoying pretty quick.....they are very aggresive, and its hard to ride or slip the clutch a little.......

so OEM all the way..Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
95tacoma said:
There are and will be no performance mods to my truck...its my daily driver with the 2.7L.....

i have had a stage 3, 6 puck HD clutch in my turbo prelude and that got annoying pretty quick.....they are very aggresive, and its hard to ride or slip the clutch a little.......

Dude, I said OEM, which means origanal equipment from manufacturer.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
95tacoma said:

My stage 3+ is extremely streetable. It engages a little faster and a little harder, but it can still be slipped no problem and I dont even notice it now that I'm used to it. When other people drive my truck they usually stall it the first time the take off, but usually get the hang of it pretty quick and have no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bray said:
Dude, I said OEM, which means origanal equipment from manufacturer.
yup thanks for the help....I was agreeing with ya...i know what oem means....i dont want a agressive clutch....just saying that i have had one before thats all...and that its oem quality brands all the way

so aisin or valeo.....and get a bearing form the toyota dealer and not use the one with the kit?
Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts