TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at two Snugtops (one with the really nice all glass rear, and one with the traditional 'framed' look), but I'm looking to buy something used and wondered if I could get a Leer/Snugtop/etc for a stadard compact short bed truck (as I know that on Leer's site they spec the same "mold" for a Ford Ranger and Tacoma).

Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I doubt the ranger one would work and I know for a fact that for a Tacoma shell all 3 models are different. Obviously the doublecab is different than the reg/xtracabs but the xtracab cap has more of a slant forward to it at the front of the shell (nearest to the cab) than the regular cab. So, if you buy a regular cab shell for an xtra cab (which I did) you end up w/ a gap between the cab and the cap like if the front of the truck is HERE then it'd be like this: \| and if you have a reg cab and buy an xtra cab shell it wouldn't fit w/out hanging it off the back of the bed since it would be the opposite problem: |\ As for years, all tacoma years 95.5-04 are the same in terms of beds and cabs so if it'll fit a 95.5 then it'll fit all the way up to an '04.
Ryan

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've known people to transplant shells from one compact to another (e.g., Tacoma to Ranger), but it's a hit-or-miss proposition and the fit is not exact. ******* hit the nail on the head about the one major issue - the cab slant fitment. Beyond that, anything from 95.5 through 04 should fit (same model Taco).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts