TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had $3200 and wanted to lift your 2004 trd ext cab 4x4 3 inches how would you do it and which companies part would you use. The money needs to cover the lift kit (front and rear) and a 15" or 16" wheel and tire combo, and install.

I was thinking donahoe or camberg coil-over kit with the camberg upper control arms, with the 5100's, and a 1.5" aal, and wheelers 16x8 wheels with 285x75x16 bfg all terrains???

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
JustinT said:
If you had $3200 and wanted to lift your 2004 trd ext cab 4x4 3 inches how would you do it and which companies part would you use. The money needs to cover the lift kit (front and rear) and a 15" or 16" wheel and tire combo, and install.

I was thinking donahoe or camberg coil-over kit with the camberg upper control arms, with the 5100's, and a 1.5" aal, and wheelers 16x8 wheels with 285x75x16 bfg all terrains???
Install the items your self - There is really not much to it. Download the Donahoe intructions to give it a look over.

_ If you are going to get Wheeler's Wheels- You might as well get 15" wheels- That way you will save money when buying 32" tires

_ I'd skip on the upper control arms and put that money toward a new set of rear leaf springs instead

You'll be fine with Donahoe, Camburg, Kings ............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks grillmasterp...whats going to be the difference in ride quality by going with a deaver aal or the deaver Rear Leaf Spring Set...big difference in price! I was going to install the coil over set myself, but then when I thought about the upper control arms, I was thinking I would just have someone do it....but if you dont think the upper control arms are worth the money then I will probably just slip the coil overs in myself and call it a day...how about the rear install?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
JustinT said:
any benefits to different upper control arms?
With teh upper control arms you can order the extended version of the donahoes or camburgs (yes camburg makes an extended version) this will allow you another inch of downtravel, which is alot actually. They are worth teh money, not only that but you wont go threw upper balljoints, since there is no balljoint.

·
Registered
72 Posts
damn, if I had $3200 for a lift, I would do an SAS, no question. My suggestion would be to just get a 3" Cornfed complete lift or any of the 3.5" coilover kits with complete rear springs. Then save the rest for a future SAS. I'm doing the cheapest 3" lift I can for now because I plan to do a solid axle swap in 1-2 years and I just need something to get me by. My last Taco had fabtech coilovers (w/ the Fox racing shock body) and they were great, but any SAS just blows them away.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
JustinT said:

Nah, that's all a waste of $. You should send it to me for my SAS fund ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
i would either do coilovers in the front or 3" revtech coil spacers($200), i'd buy longer skyjacker nitro shocks($75) for the rear and i'd call up allprooffroad and order their 3" rear leaf springs for the good flex($300) then i would buy some black american racing rims in a 15" ($32 apiece) 33x12.50 buckshot maxxis mudders ($135 a piece) bent up front bumper ($450..the winch bumper) a warn 9.5ti winch($1000) a bent up rear bumper ($350) then a case of budlight($20) then take it all to my house in cleveland, Tennessee and let me put it all on for you and then save up your money and buy a line-X bedliner($385)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would buy the rear suspension package offered by kartek with some bilstein 7100's for 1500$

For the front you can do some donahoes for 1000$ and then the extra 700 can be for some cheap steel rims and 32inch tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts