TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the Donahoes come with a 650# spring, but i been trying to find out if all the others use the same spring rate as well? i have a set of Donahoes on my 4cylinder, standard cab. they were turned up 1/8" over stock. my ride is rather stiff, sometimes a little too stiff. so i was wondering if anyone out there uses a softer spring with their coilovers

also, ive heard that they Donahoes are set to give 2" of lift on a V6 extended cab. if this is true, then it could be the main reason why my ride is so stiff. is there a way to adjust the coilovers to better suit my application, possibly by turning the spring down or letting some of the gas out?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
NEVER let any of the gas out....you wont accomplish what you want and you will end up destroying your 1000 dollar coilovers.....try taking some of the preload off of the spring by lower it down and see if that helps the ride.....turnign another 1/8 over stock certainly didnt help any

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Amber00Dak said:
i know that the Donahoes come with a 650# spring, but i been trying to find out if all the others use the same spring rate as well? i have a set of Donahoes on my 4cylinder, standard cab. they were turned up 1/8" over stock. my ride is rather stiff, sometimes a little too stiff. so i was wondering if anyone out there uses a softer spring with their coilovers

also, ive heard that they Donahoes are set to give 2" of lift on a V6 extended cab. if this is true, then it could be the main reason why my ride is so stiff. is there a way to adjust the coilovers to better suit my application, possibly by turning the spring down or letting some of the gas out?
I thought I was the only one who thought my Donohoes ride is stiff. It's just as stiff as when I had the OME 881's in there. I can hardly tell the difference. Maybe it's just me. :(

--Scott

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i know that 1/8" didnt do me any good. ok, so letting some gas out is outa the picture. i think ill try and lower it 1/4" tomorrow (1/8" under original) and see if it gets better.

so does anyone know what spring rates other companies use? Camburg, SAW, etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts