TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a wheel truing stand for my mountain bike wheels, new tars to make a second set of wheels for mountain biking, and some other bike stuff.

Inlaws gave us a comforter and some decorative chests...not excited about that. Think we are selling the chests to get $$$ for something else.

no truck stuff for me this year, just a Auburn license plate for the front of the Tundra;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Truck Related: Receiver Hitch Shackle, Recovery Strap, cash to go pick through Josh's 4Runners that he's parting out.

Other: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm, IWB Holster, small gun safe, wireless electric fence for the dog, Clothes, and parents donated to the house fixer-upper fund.

I'd like to think that I made out pretty good this year, especially with the arrival of our first kid who racked in on toys and such

·
Registered
126 Posts
^ you dang sure did lol!

Got a CB, aftermarket radio, couple headlamps, couple camp stoves, camp grill to go over campfire, leatherman, and a really nice pair of boots for work.

Oh, and a 5x8 trailer plus materials to make it into an adventure trailer.

Didn't do too bad myself!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck Related: Receiver Hitch Shackle, Recovery Strap, cash to go pick through Josh's 4Runners that he's parting out.

Other: Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm, IWB Holster, small gun safe, wireless electric fence for the dog, Clothes, and parents donated to the house fixer-upper fund.

I'd like to think that I made out pretty good this year, especially with the arrival of our first kid who racked in on toys and such
nice haul. You will enjoy that Shield, I love mine.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So far I love it. My holster is supposed to be in this friday.

I'm used to shooting glocks so the plan is to buy a few more magazines and enter into some of the IDPA shooting competitions here in town to get used to that safety when drawing.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Lets see: stuff that I bought-new washing machine, ventless logs w/ remote for the fireplace-pimping style. I got to seal the house for flying squirrels, it was an epic purchase!!! Rid-a-critter ftw. I bought a underarmor jacket, it seems that I buy all my stuff b/c stuff I want is to expensive.

I'm finally got the go ahead to resume normal lifestyle from my back surgery so in the spring I'm looking at buying a 29r mountain bike-Have no idea which to look at yet, just know its got to be a 21 inch frame. hard tail or full suspension-IDK tubless or not, who knows these things yet.
What is a wheel truing stand look like? My current mt bike is 15 years old, one of the last times out I put a decent dent in the roundness of the front tire, the gears inside the frame are feeling funny also.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lets see: stuff that I bought-new washing machine, ventless logs w/ remote for the fireplace-pimping style. I got to seal the house for flying squirrels, it was an epic purchase!!! Rid-a-critter ftw. I bought a underarmor jacket, it seems that I buy all my stuff b/c stuff I want is to expensive.

I'm finally got the go ahead to resume normal lifestyle from my back surgery so in the spring I'm looking at buying a 29r mountain bike-Have no idea which to look at yet, just know its got to be a 21 inch frame. hard tail or full suspension-IDK tubless or not, who knows these things yet.
What is a wheel truing stand look like? My current mt bike is 15 years old, one of the last times out I put a decent dent in the roundness of the front tire, the gears inside the frame are feeling funny also.
I have a 29er hardtail and like it. Would eventually like to get a full suspension, but not really in a hurry, maybe next year. I have a Diamondback Overdrive, however i wouldnt recommend unless you plan on upgrading EVERYTHING on it. I would buy a higher end bike $800+. I bought mine, and 2 years later nothing on it is stock parts except the frame, brake rotors, seat and tires. I put new fork on it, hydraulic brakes, new wheels, converted from 8spd cassette to 10spd., new chain, clipless pedals, etc. I have probably $1100-1200 in it now lol.

i still run tubes and just carry an extra tube with me on the trail. Will probably go tubeless when I need new tires.

here is the wheel truing stand, Park Tools makes the same thing that is probably a little better, but also $75-100 more expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/BIKEHAND-Wheel-Truing-Bicycle-Maintenance/dp/B00CW90ZKW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420051343&sr=8-2&keywords=bike+wheel+truing+stand

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
yea one of my discs wanted to play w/ a nerve in my back. it took probably 7 months for this all to play out, just had the surgery before thanksgiving. Now im almost back to "normal"

·
Registered
126 Posts
That'll be a fun build

I'm hoping so lol. Planning to do something like this:

It started off as a 5x8 enclosed. Cut it down to the frame and built back up. Very well built and outfitted. Only downside I can foresee at the moment is length, but I'm considering bobbing it anyways.

x2. Haven't owned one yet, but a few buddies have them and have spent a good amount of range time with them and have been very pleased for a single stack sub compact. Only complaint is the trigger, but that's easily fixed. Like you said though, best way to learn it is IDPA/IPSC matches.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Only complaint is the trigger, but that's easily fixed. Like you said though, best way to learn it is IDPA/IPSC matches.
Heck that's what I love about mine haha

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heck that's what I love about mine haha
i dont mind the trigger on the shield, I did switch out the trigger on my fullsize M&P to the 3.5lb trigger i think it was. dont really remember now. but made a huge difference.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Holster came for it yesterday. A lot more comfortable than the fabric one I had.
My neighbor gave me a fabric one for free, he said he was going to throw it out. I tried it once and threw it in the garbage lol.

I got one from http://pjholster.com/ and am really happy with it. It is very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My neighbor gave me a fabric one for free, he said he was going to throw it out. I tried it once and threw it in the garbage lol.

I got one from http://pjholster.com/ and am really happy with it. It is very comfortable.
Yeah I was just using it until this one came in haha. I got mine from http://www.vedderholsters.com/ and really like it. I need to find something for when running/etc. The shield may be too heavy for that anyway.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Man that thing is sweet!

I put a forward set sear in my FS M&P right after I got it and it was a huge change. Love how that thing shoots.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I like everything about the shield better than i like my XDs....except the safety, that safety sucks....my hands are big and no matter what i tried i could not easily and reliably manipulate it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
7 Participants
92illpony
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing