TTORA Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I like everything about the shield better than i like my XDs....except the safety, that safety sucks....my hands are big and no matter what i tried i could not easily and reliably manipulate it
i didnt like it at first either, but it doesnt bother me now

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Opposite of you two, I've kind of liked it from the beginning. That was a part of the "this gun just fits my hand so well" argument that the shield had going for it.

When looking at the gun, I thought it'd be too small to hit easily but at least it wasn't protruding extremely far out. But it hit my thumb in the perfect spot to easily disengage it. Now, disengaging the safety has just become a part of my draw sequence.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When looking at the gun, I thought it'd be too small to hit easily but at least it wasn't protruding extremely far out. But it hit my thumb in the perfect spot to easily disengage it. Now, disengaging the safety has just become a part of my draw sequence.
yep it hits the bend in my thumb perfectly so that when I grab the gun i just slide my whole thumb up/down to flip the safety.

·
235 Posts
i didn't get to much since birthday and Christmas are so close. I got a kickass flash light from my dad. For myself i bought new batteries for my Cummins since they decided to completely kick the bucket. Toylet got some cage work and a dash.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
7 Participants
92illpony
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing