TTORA Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 4570 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Painted engine mounts n stuff

Turned 205k in the daily; about 3500 miles on the new engine. Oil change this weekend!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Plumbed brake proportion valve and clutch lines

installed nice new engine mount bolts

admired engine mount bolts

swept up a bit

had a beer

had a few more

·
Registered
277 Posts
Plumbed brake proportion valve and clutch lines

installed nice new engine mount bolts

admired engine mount bolts

swept up a bit

had a beer

had a few more
i think we are sensing a pattern on whats taking so long :p

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
yeah yeah yeah... yeah.

Today Togiak got new oil, coil helper springs out back, drum hardware fixed, valves adjusted, exhaust hangers fixed, Rally Armor flaps, and more tube for the front bumper.

And I got a nice sunburn.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
i think im going to put a total chaos long travel kit on my tacoma. As the felix build comes to an end im thinking it time to do something to my taco. i dont really want to mess with driveability so a solid axle is out.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
C'mon... you know you want to.

Anyways, today I continued cleaning the hell out of the shop; now I can see the countertops! Amazing!

Sorted out spare parts, cleared out the back of Nush, painted the seat delete panel, cleaned up more random piles of Toyota, and basically got organized again.

Next... wiring and interior work. Yippie.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Might go back later for some doors to make half doors.

Be prepared! That's all I can really say......half doors took me forever to complete. They look good, but i would go tube doors next time. lol i am more worried to screw up my half doors than the full doors, because they have so much time in them.

Oh and if you do make them, do yourself a favor and leave the window seal area alone. I cut mine all off and all that did was add a bunch of work......

We need more pictures in this thread

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
What do you mean window seals? I want to cut everything out except the door handle and lock.

Around the sides and up around the top. Leave those alone. I cut all mine out and plated all the way around. You can kinda see in the above picture.

i thought i had pointed them out when you first saw them .....

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Bah; nobody needs door frames on half doors...

Someday I might actually finish one of these damn doors... it's only been a year and a half since I started.

4521 - 4540 of 4570 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
140 Participants
wakkjobb
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing