TTORA Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 4570 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well changed the t case to top shift and now both new w56 transmission and newly redone t case ready to be installed tomorrow......hope things go smoother than the did last week.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well switched the tcase over to top shift and both new w56 trans and newly rebuilt t case ready to be installed tomorrow. Hope things end up better than last week!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Worked with Dan this weekend on installing the total chaos ifs tabs. Now to replace the upper ball joints and get an alignment. And tires with tread.

Thanks Dan, your help us most appreciated. So much suspension to remove to get to some bent metal tabs.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
No problem; we took the shortcut and didn't remove:
CVs
spindles
brake n ABS lines
other stuff the magazine guys did

and it still turned out fine.

Some people like to make things more difficult than they need to be, I guess... says the guy buried in a 3.4 swap.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Replaced upper ball joints today. Drove in to the Toyota dealership with the tires bald on the edges and squealing loudly. Had a group of techs stare at my arriving chariot. They also reminded me that the steering rack is leaking. I have a spare, I don't feel like replacing it. Leaking seals, feed it fluids. Find SAS parts.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I sent one to Matt; I'll send it to you too. It's nice n shiny; also matches the top end of the silver 4Runner's engine.

Gotta match everything!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Semi-welded the spare front IFS diff for the daily driver, sorted more wiring for the 3.4 swap, stared at the wall a while, and wrote my name in the snow.

A lot.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Semi-welded the spare front IFS diff for the daily driver, sorted more wiring for the 3.4 swap, stared at the wall a while, and wrote my name in the snow.

A lot.

That doesn't seem productive

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Tore out the windshield, vacuumed up glass, took out the stereo, and so on. Tarped off the windshield for the impending weather, had a beer, listened to Coltrane, and watched the clouds roll in.

Dammit, when's Spring getting here?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why u take windshield out? Was it cracked? Thought the stereo and dash were already out?

·
Registered
277 Posts
O j00 need to specify what you are working on over at your used car lot

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Stuck in a new 2012 Sony radio, went north and bought a sunroof cover, tickled 85mph, strongly considered a turbo upgrade, re-aimed my headlights, de-flood patterned my lightbar (now center 2 are spot; outer 2 are flood), and fixed the cigarette lighter.

It's the little things... also getting a CT26 this week for $30.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Went to U-Pull today and got Cadillac horns and windshield squirters from a CRV. They have the spray pattern; not the lame two jet like stock ones.

Before anyone asks, there's hardly anything there, save for a top shift case in the blue 84 4Runner. No IFS boxes, no hubs, no thirds, nothing.

Awesome.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well this weekend we wired the light bar. Did oil change and got a spare steering line made. Getting ready for moab! Starting to get excited! Doesn't look like there is enough time to do a shake down run so hope everything works like it's suppose to and hold together for moab.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Swapped out the front diff, found a few teeth missing from the ring gear, fixed the rear pinion seal, stuck on tabs for front turn signals, stuck on tabs for rear flood lights, stuck on tabs for the Rigid floods up front, and greased stuff.

Today:
top up rear diff, patch a hole in the exhaust, wire up lights, Cadillac horns, install gauges somewhere, and make a better damn cup holder.

Tomorrow:
whatever I don't get done today.

Sunday:
wheeling Eagle Rock

The End :grin2:

4541 - 4560 of 4570 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
140 Participants
wakkjobb
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing