TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
themariachi said:
can't tell you, but according to everything that i have read, URD is the way to go...can't wait till i can get one myself.
I have no doubt URD is better. And Gadget is awsome. However i dont want to void my warranty. I would rather just have the dealer do it and never have to deal with it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
CMB1998 said:
I have no doubt URD is better. And Gadget is awsome. However i dont want to void my warranty. I would rather just have the dealer do it and never have to deal with it.

Chris
in that case, you got me... :confused:

100 Posts
Me too. URD may be the way to go but I had 7th installed 5 days ago and I am as happy as a sawgrass '****. 30 plus giddyaps and it shows all of them especially at W.O.T. Have a great relatonship with dealer (spent a lot of money there and wrote Toyota on ther excelllence), I even get FREE TIRES FOR LIFE SO LONG AS I OWN THE TRUCK. My 7th was the first one dealership had instlled and it took him 5 hours but they only charged me for four. However, labor still expensive @ 75 an hour. He also did S/C but he had installed a few of them and it took 6 hours @ $75. I like the peace of mnd knowing that if something goes wrong they will fix it under warranty. I hope you are also putting in Deso iridim plugs # IK20 they come gapped at 0.032. You cannot fool with them. They are delicate. Also trust you have headers you really need them withS/C You will love it but it takes awhile for computer to re-identify The system gets better with age. You will Love it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REDMARLIN WITH SOUL said:
Me too. URD may be the way to go but I had 7th installed 5 days ago and I am as happy as a sawgrass '****. 30 plus giddyaps and it shows all of them especially at W.O.T. Have a great relatonship with dealer (spent a lot of money there and wrote Toyota on ther excelllence), I even get FREE TIRES FOR LIFE SO LONG AS I OWN THE TRUCK. My 7th was the first one dealership had instlled and it took him 5 hours but they only charged me for four. However, labor still expensive @ 75 an hour. He also did S/C but he had installed a few of them and it took 6 hours @ $75. I like the peace of mnd knowing that if something goes wrong they will fix it under warranty. I hope you are also putting in Deso iridim plugs # IK20 they come gapped at 0.032. You cannot fool with them. They are delicate. Also trust you have headers you really need them withS/C You will love it but it takes awhile for computer to re-identify The system gets better with age. You will Love it.

What did you pay for the header install?

Chris

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the dealer do my 7th injector for about $700-750 i believe on my 03 xtracab.It was the first they had done and it took them longer than the amount of labor than they charged cuz somethin about about what the job was susposed to take to finish.No problems at all with their work and was satisfied with the performance.Had Ik20's installed and later a ftc from urd installed and a walbro pump to compliment the system.Now there is the AIC and it is gonna really do some good things for the 7th injector setup.I plan on getting the controller for it and a wideband.Definitely gonna wait a while on headers till i can get a lil body lift under there to help out putting them in.Good Luck with your truck and do not get frustrated when somethin aint quite right with enough money and b!*$%^%n it will get right.

Sam

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
samsc03 said:
Had Ik20's installed and later a ftc from urd installed and a walbro pump to compliment the system.Now there is the AIC and it is gonna really do some good things for the 7th injector setup.I plan on getting the controller for it and a wideband.

Sam
If you have the FTC you don't need the AIC controller. They would do the same. In fact, the FTC is more versitile.

·
Registered
261 Posts
With the ftc there is not any control over the 7th injector.The timing of that injector could not be changed during dyno tuning sessions with the ftc.The tuner kept saying hat he needed a way to get into the trd ecu box to control the injector and this is what he was wanting me to get.Maybe Gadget will post in and clear any wrong statements I or any others have made about this setup.I am gonna use both at the same time.

Sam

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
samsc03 said:
With the ftc there is not any control over the 7th injector.The timing of that injector could not be changed during dyno tuning sessions with the ftc.The tuner kept saying hat he needed a way to get into the trd ecu box to control the injector and this is what he was wanting me to get.Maybe Gadget will post in and clear any wrong statements I or any others have made about this setup.I am gonna use both at the same time.

Sam
You're right, after I posted I realized the AIC does what the FTC does, but to the added injector, not the existing injectors. From what I gather the AIC changes the duty cycle of the 7th injector,... as well as WI if you have it installed. However the AIC alone wouldn't be capable of altering timing advance/retard. In knowing your set up I am wondering if you went ahead and got the fuel pump, and wired up the FTC why not get bigger injectors instead of the 7th injector? I think Gadget has the ones that plug right into the same connector as our stock ones so no splicing there if that was a concern. I am was just wondering because I was always debating on URD or 7th injector and warranty complient,... I ended up with URD for the flexibility of end user tunning via the FTC and it was cheaper as well. Either way,... you have a good set up and now I understand why you need the AIC. But, hopefully Gadget does post and clear up anything I may have misquoted, or if there is any way to control the 7th injector with your existing controller,... just throwing out random ideas that may not be possible here.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The timing of the injector i meant was the duration of opening and closing as well as the conditions to which it will open up. I did not think i would need the bigger injectors. I got the 7th injector kit right when it came out and thought it was gonna be perfect.Also liked the warranty I have(72'000 mile extended) The tuners said the injectors can handle the blower tuned properly but the fuel pump can not handle the flow from the added injector. So we upgraded the pump and got the ftc. Tuned for about 1/4 day on the dyno and did pretty well. 201hp and 231 tq was the best.AFR was kinda jumpy since the added injector could not be controlled the other injectors had to be adjusted for that also. The ftc is currently behind the speedo and the wires are all out of sight except the laptop cord which can be stuffed in there too. The AIC I want to hide too but will have too see it to determine where to install. With this setup I have seen some impressive numbers and I am hoping to maybe pick up another 20 hp and maybe 50tq. Just wishful thinking now till complete.

Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts