TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probaly a dumb noobie question, but I looked for right ups about it before asking. I guess there is a couple of questions about it different websites advertise rear o2 simulators. Has anyone ran these with a "test pipe" where the cats are? I know they aren't supposed to make any difference in hp or tq, but an engine is an air pump and anything restricting it decreases it efficiency. Thanks for any insight or advice.

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
I know you are not taking about breaking Federal law, and getting rid of your federally mandated emission controls. You must be building some sort of non street legal rig.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
a lot of people swear by removing the cats.. expecially on newer vehicles... the fact is that newer vehicles have rpetty free flowing exhuasts to begin with......

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
cougfan316 said:
I know this is probaly a dumb noobie question, but I looked for right ups about it before asking. I guess there is a couple of questions about it different websites advertise rear o2 simulators. Has anyone ran these with a "test pipe" where the cats are? I know they aren't supposed to make any difference in hp or tq, but an engine is an air pump and anything restricting it decreases it efficiency. Thanks for any insight or advice.
Put a Tornado intake thingamabob on it. Gives you mad horsepower. Then you'll need some stickers to make your truck stand out amongst the annoying rappy 4cyl crowd. But hey you'll look fast. Thats what counts right?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Got Cope? said:
Put a Tornado intake thingamabob on it. Gives you mad horsepower. Then you'll need some stickers to make your truck stand out amongst the annoying rappy 4cyl crowd. But hey you'll look fast. Thats what counts right?
Oh yah don't forget to put carbon fiber where ever you can! That'll give you another 10HP! Every tard I know swears by it...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Take off the cats and gut them. Wear a respirator. Then use some simulators in place of the rear sensors. That will make your rig a good legal offroad rig and the modification is virtually undetectable in case you had to have a visual emmisions inspection. It will also make the exhaust a little louder especially if you don't run a muffler.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice. By the way it is the 3.4 not the 4 cyl so I don't think carbon fiber would make it faster. Although that would lighten up the truck going with a whole carbon fiber body. Hmmmmmm.......... better gas mileage and would this increase the towing amount? LOL

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
tacomawheeler98 said:
Take off the cats and gut them. Wear a respirator. Then use some simulators in place of the rear sensors. That will make your rig a good legal offroad rig and the modification is virtually undetectable in case you had to have a visual emmisions inspection. It will also make the exhaust a little louder especially if you don't run a muffler.
I really hope that you are joking.

Don't be an ass hole and remove your cat. What semi-marginal advantages is this going to give you? I hope you get nailed for being retarded.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
I think the fact he stated "wear a respirator" implied he was joking. hmmm...

·
Registered
78 Posts
DentedTacoma said:
I really hope that you are joking.

Don't be an ass hole and remove your cat. What semi-marginal advantages is this going to give you? I hope you get nailed for being retarded.
Reading is your friend ass hat. I didn't tell him to remove the cat. I didn't tell him there were any gains associated with removing the cat. I hope your retarded mother doesn't have more children.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The gains you would get by removing your cat, wouldn't even be worth the time it'd take you to do so. Quit being a ricer. If you want to take the last step first, just throw the money down for a high flow cat, so you can still be legal and your truck won't sound like total shit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
tacomawheeler98 said:
FWIW, this "mod" is still detectable with an IR thermometer...so "virtually undetectable" is right on the money. :2cents:

I'm not cutting on anyone, or saying it is right or wrong... well, Ok, It is wrong LOL! Also still illegal, but that's been covered. :doh:

·
Registered
606 Posts
cougfan316 said:
Why not just dump that worthless exaust system and just run some header dumps. While you are at it dump that worthless fuel injection and put a fat Holly double pumper on there. Hmmmmm.....what else can you do to make the truck run like shit?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
tacomawheeler98 said:
Reading is your friend ass hat. I didn't tell him to remove the cat. I didn't tell him there were any gains associated with removing the cat. I hope your retarded mother doesn't have more children.
That first comment was for you and the next part was for the original poster, easy there champ. And I come from a family of 8 children so we are all screwed.

·
Registered
532 Posts
cougfan316 said:
log out of this forum, age a few more years beyond 16, and come back when you are out of high school. this is an offroad board and we have no "write ups" for retarded illegal shit that does nothing but impress 12 year old fast and furious wannabes.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
tacomawheeler98 said:
No, I wasn't joking. You don't want to breath that crap.
i gotcha.

and you covered yer ass by saying it would be a good "off-road" rig, implying off-road only.

My bad.

Still not worth the trouble IMO for minimal, if any, hp gain.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts