TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, basically I have my 98 taco 3.4 and Im trying to get it ready for summer. I only have a 3 inch lift on it currently and some 32's. I am not trying to go bag shit on the lift and dont really need my daily drive to be a rock crawler (as cool as it would be :D ).
So I decided to make my taco a tank and armor it up! So far all I have is a roll bar and rock sliders. Nothing special.
So I am looking to get front and rear bumper and a big belly plate. The thing is, there are so many choices and alot of skid plates will only work with some bumpers and some you need a 4 inch lift for ect....
Any suggestions on a set up. I checked out all the sponsors but still cant make my mind up!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
So, basically I have my 98 taco 3.4 and Im trying to get it ready for summer. I only have a 3 inch lift on it currently and some 32's. I am not trying to go bag shit on the lift and dont really need my daily drive to be a rock crawler (as cool as it would be :D ).
So I decided to make my taco a tank and armor it up! So far all I have is a roll bar and rock sliders. Nothing special.
So I am looking to get front and rear bumper and a big belly plate. The thing is, there are so many choices and alot of skid plates will only work with some bumpers and some you need a 4 inch lift for ect....
Any suggestions on a set up. I checked out all the sponsors but still cant make my mind up!
Any ideas?
Man, just lurk for a while at all the info on this site and it will change your mind about gettin a Procomp lift with shitty skid-plates that have to fit with them. Think at least coil-overs and Deaver aals or Alcan rear leaves with 5100 Bilsteins or better. A 1 or 2 inch body lift is not unheard of with some :saw: to run 33's under your rig. It can still be a good DD!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
All-Pro Armor 'Ho here... All-Pro has a decent skid that ties into their front winch bumper and covers back to the transfer crossmember... But it stops short of protecting the transfer case... But there's plenty of options for that... But you didn't say what style of bumper... And the AP is tube... And of course if that's a 3" BL yer referring to as lift... then it wouldn't be a good choice... if it's suspension... yer good to go... Their prices are fair...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All-Pro Armor 'Ho here... All-Pro has a decent skid that ties into their front winch bumper and covers back to the transfer crossmember... But it stops short of protecting the transfer case... But there's plenty of options for that... But you didn't say what style of bumper... And the AP is tube... And of course if that's a 3" BL yer referring to as lift... then it wouldn't be a good choice... if it's suspension... yer good to go... Their prices are fair...
It is a block lift in the back :[ Why is it a bad choice?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
i may be wrong, but i think its because the AP tube bumper attaches to the frame... so if you lift the body much at all, you'll have a gap between the body and bumper, and some (most) would think it looks a lil goofy. Suspension lift, and everything would move together, BL and everything comes apart. :2cents: correct me if im wrong though

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Contact BENTUP.COM
I went and bought pretty much all of allpros stuff, sliders front and rear bumpers. Went with a budbuilt skid.
If I did it all over again I would go through bent up.
they can pretty much build to order what you want. Its tough to get ahold of them sometimes but thats just cause they are so freaking busy. They make some quality stuff. Hell, ill sell you my rear bumper so I can have aj fab me up a new one:D

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
BTW, with all that weight from the bumpers youll need to run some adustable coilovers. I ran a 2.5 spacer lift for awhile with the bumpers but it started sagging badley. ESPECIALLY if your gonna wanna run a winch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts