TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a larger vehical to tow 4 wheel down behind a motorhome. I now hve a Suzuki Sammy. I have a line on a bone stock 86 near me, I know the 85 with the soild axle would be easy and less $$ to lift. Are lifts still avalible for the IFS? thanks Kelly

·
Registered
66 Posts
ya you can still get lifts for them but your not goin to have lots of towing power with the 4cyl ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
have fun trying to tow wit the 22re... get a turbo if ya can... last one i saw was in mexico though... and only turbosa were 86. plenty of lift available for the first gens IFS runners... good luck

-Alex

·
Registered
398 Posts
i think hes towing it BEHIND the motorhome, not towing the motorhome w/ the 4cyl

·
Registered
183 Posts
Get it. An old guy up the street from my parents' house towed his orange first gen runner across the country since the day he bought it brand new, it was perfect. I always bugged him about buying it from him, but it got rear ended by a big rig while being flat towed...it looked like an accordion:mad:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I would buy it. My first Toyota was an '86 4Runner. I put 160K on it in 5 years. It was still going strong when I sold it...just remember to remove the rear drive shaft when flat towing....

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Super Rat or combat Wombat? Maybe a Road Toad?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking for a larger vehical to tow 4 wheel down behind a motorhome. I now hve a Suzuki Sammy. I have a line on a bone stock 86 near me, I know the 85 with the soild axle would be easy and less $$ to lift. Are lifts still avalible for the IFS? thanks Kelly
DEFINITELY get it! I drive an 1986 daily 100 miles, with 5.29s locker in the rear, and 33's. still get 16 mpg +. IFS lifts are actually getting cheaper , I scored a trailmaster 4" for $499. Put it in myself over the course of a week off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts