TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m debating on selling my 01 tacoma. It’s a extra cab, 4x4, 3.4 v6, has a fab tech 6inch lift, 33 inch general grabbers on it. It has 230,000 miles on it. I bought it with 8 miles in feb 2001.
the problems right cv boot is ripped, driver window motor is going out. My clutch bearing is makes a whinny noise but changes gears no problem. Has scratches some small dents. No accidents. Stock radio. It’s not my daily driver.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,596 Posts
People are paying stupid money for vehicles right now. Check KBB and Autotrader and don't be afraid to ask on the high side. You'll probably get it. Be sure to clearly identify those issues. Don't want an unhappy buyer.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Ship and sell it in Hawaii you won't come up short. That is ideal for most guys around here.

Reactions: busmup808

·
Registered
2001 DDSB Tacoma, 2002 4Runner with bumpers and lift, 2008 Rav4
18 Posts
A year and a half ago I paid $4300 for a 2001 DCSWB 3.4 auto w/235K miles, new frame, very minor surface rust, radio didn’t work (C-L $20), valve covers leak a bit (tightened), 2” lift and slightly oversize tires and it needs a timing belt soon.
I’d expect to pay $8,000-$9,000 today. For more than that I’d think you’d have to fix those issues.
Good luck, it will sell.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Not sure where you are located but here in CA Tacoma's have held their value well. Even before the current clown world they were selling for a decent amount. I would think somewhere around $8k would be realistic. If it were mine I would swap out the CV axle, maybe source a cheap OEM front bumper, and clean it up to try and get as much as possible. You didn't mention anything about maintenance history.

edit- I see you are in CA too.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
213 Posts
People have told me not to sell my rig! Well, I would say it depends on what you put into it. Me, shit, I have replaced everything from the Engine, Trans, Rack, Axles, Brakes, ARB Wire Harnesses, Driveline, Radiator, and all that goes with that, Etc that I feel I could not sell my rig after 300k mileage! Why? Well, I love my rig so much I am going to treat her to a Super Charger from Magnuson as a fitting touch to help me climb the mountains, hills, and get on the Fwy for crikey sakes!
Heck, after all, I am just going to give it to my Grandson when he is able to handle it safely, right now, it will take lots of education before that happens.
I still have some time left in me, new additions - IE: 3000k Solar System, Awning Tent, Reserve Gas Tank Etc... - I want to experience the outdoors and as for selling you better have a big pocketbook!
Santa Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts