TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time to get started on making and finsihing up some new products for our line of TACOMA stuff. We have pretty much got our turn around time on sliders,bumpers & bed bars down to same day or with in a week. So What do all you want next?

My very next project is to finish up our light bar. That will be this week.

But after that what do you want?
Skid plate?
front winch bumper?
rear cheap tube bumper?
money tree?

Front winch bumper (shown with out winch mounts)

Front skid plate.

Just let me know what you want next so i can kinda gauge my importance of new products.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I've been pondering a cargo rack that sits just above the bed recently, something that you can mount shovels and highlifts on, and maybe an option for a jerry can bracket, or a CO2 bracket, and still have room ontop for other junk.

Something that's easily removable if you've gotta shove something big in the bed.

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
mudferret said:
I've been pondering a cargo rack that sits just above the bed recently, something that you can mount shovels and highlifts on, and maybe an option for a jerry can bracket, or a CO2 bracket, and still have room ontop for other junk.

Something that's easily removable if you've gotta shove something big in the bed.

Going from what he said, maybe tie in a simple light bar arch for lighting on top of the cab. I really want to make bed bar that has an arch extending to the top of the cab for lights...I can :welder: but I don't have a bender, so I'm out of luck as far as personal fabrication goes.

On second thought, would you be able to bend the tubing and just ship it as a weld it yourself kit? Might save on shipping...hmmm...you have me thinking now. :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elgecko said:
I'd be interested in the cheap rear tube bumper...a cheap rear hybrid bumper would be even better!!!
I need to make it still but I'm thinking 400.00-500.00 it will have laser cut one position mounting brackets (no body lift) with shackle mounts. I don't think it will be a full wrap around but it will still offer some rear protection on the rear corner panels.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mudferret said:

Are you thinking like Critters?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
That's what I'm saying..How much for that BA skid plate

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jay04Taco said:
How much for that skid plate!
As of right now I do them for around 400.00 but those are built by hand not really in a fixture! I built a fixture for it but have changed it a couple times.

We don't like to make something then just turn around and hope there is no problems! We have made a few of them and most of them have been in-house installs. we pretty much have the design now tho! We just need to get parts lazer cut, that way it fits the same everytime!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'd buy a rear beefy hybrid bumper if they were cheaper, 865 bucks is just too much for me to justify spending on a bumper.

·
Registered
199 Posts
mudferret said:

ive been thinking the same thing by taking my existing bed bar, making another of similar if not exact material, weld two horizontal bars about 40" long or so from one to the other. and make a rack out of some flat bar. the removeable idea sounds good.

hey jason, if i send you some of my designs you think you can critique me on the r&d. im looking mostly to make it myself :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:
As of right now I do them for around 400.00 but those are built by hand not really in a fixture! I built a fixture for it but have changed it a couple times.

We don't like to make something then just turn around and hope there is no problems! We have made a few of them and most of them have been in-house installs. we pretty much have the design now tho! We just need to get parts lazer cut, that way it fits the same everytime!
YOU can borrow my truck ANYTIME.
:D

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:
But after that what do you want?
How about the winning numbers for the next lottery? ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:
Well it's time to get started on making and finsihing up some new products for our line of TACOMA stuff. We have pretty much got our turn around time on sliders,bumpers & bed bars down to same day or with in a week. So What do all you want next?Just let me know what you want next so i can kinda gauge my importance of new products.
Still looking for a bolt-in rear shock relocation kit.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
how about a skidplate to work with the fabtech 6" lift? Or at least somethig to protect the steering rack as the one it comes with protects the diff only. My guess is that the design on all drop bracket lifts is fairly similar with regard to the rear bracket because of the steering rack. At least with my lift, the rack is fairly vulnerable.

Or how about a rear tire carrier that can bolt to the factory bumper!

·
838 Posts
I like the above bed rack too, but with a spare tire mount, maybe like thule type rack that mounts to a pair or three bed bars...hmmmm.......I really like that idea :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ElBandito said:
ive been thinking the same thing by taking my existing bed bar, making another of similar if not exact material, weld two horizontal bars about 40" long or so from one to the other. and make a rack out of some flat bar. the removeable idea sounds good.

hey jason, if i send you some of my designs you think you can critique me on the r&d. im looking mostly to make it myself :D
sure can ..........................

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
About this Discussion
102 Replies
59 Participants
DoubleHemlock
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing