TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title basically states it. I'm considering looking for one but want to make sure I can find one with factory drivetrain I want (Calif smog related issues) (drivetrain not fully decided upon)

My google fu sucks and I'm not finding what I want.

Specifcally:
Were they available with both 2.7L and 3.4L?
Were they available with both automatic and manual trans?
Were they available with the "J" shift transfer case?
Were they available with manual windows/doors?
Was it possible to get elocker without trd package?

Lastly, what year did they start? Wiki stated Oct 2000... but is that model year 2000 or 2001?

I had a 99 extra cab that I bought new and regret getting rid of. I've got an 01 extra cab that has a few flaws I don't care for(electric windows, "J" shift tcase).

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
Double cabs only came with Automatic trans and push button shifter. It was available in both the 2.7L and 3.4L. No manual power options and the e-locker was only available w/o the TRD package by special order only. First year of double cabs was 2001.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ShowStop Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation that double cab followed the prerunner with being auto only. I seemed to recall that from back in the day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Double cabs only came with Automatic trans and push button shifter. It was available in both the 2.7L and 3.4L. No manual power options and the e-locker was only available w/o the TRD package by special order only. First year of double cabs was 2001.
My 2004 TRD double cab has the non push button tcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2002 Double Cab 4x4 TRD was bought at the Temecula Toyota and it came with the highest ground clearance of "any" truck on the market, the Computer was also set up for a Super Charger - which I am now having built by Magnuson in Ventura, Ca due to weight and torque issues.
I do have lots of weight to deal with, having the torque to get on the Fwy or steep hills will help.
My truck came with the TRD Standard Locking Rear Differentials, but I added the ARB Locking Differential in the front for extra protection.

To answer your question,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts