TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on in my ole homestate? I am getting spoiled with actual public lands. Miss you guys.

I am back in the Toyota fold. I have a 5th gen 4 runner and a TTfj.

Here is a couple of teasers from last weekend.

I do miss the beach days though.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/Bryanccfshr/P9100511.jpg

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Nice pics. Alpine loop?

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, this was Imogene pass that goes from Telluride to Ouray. Pretty much a scenic climb with some nice rock steps and water crossings here and there. THe weekend before we did Mineral creek. Before I sold the Jeep JK and got the FJ I had covered alot of the trails in the San Juans. I have done everything now except Poughkeepsie Gulch and Blackbear. May have to wait till next summer if the weather doesnt hold up.

As for going from a solid front axle back to IFS I think I gained more than I lost. If I want to hardcore wheel I can take a buggy to the Farmington Glade which is my back yard. BUt what I really enjoy doing now is expedition type trips. Exploring old mining towns , the mormon trails and mixing some wheeling with history.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
No, this was Imogene pass that goes from Telluride to Ouray. Pretty much a scenic climb with some nice rock steps and water crossings here and there. THe weekend before we did Mineral creek. Before I sold the Jeep JK and got the FJ I had covered alot of the trails in the San Juans. I have done everything now except Poughkeepsie Gulch and Blackbear. May have to wait till next summer if the weather doesnt hold up.

As for going from a solid front axle back to IFS I think I gained more than I lost. If I want to hardcore wheel I can take a buggy to the Farmington Glade which is my back yard. BUt what I really enjoy doing now is expedition type trips. Exploring old mining towns , the mormon trails and mixing some wheeling with history.

I've never met ya, but I officially hate you :D

I would love to move out west where there is alot more choice of wheeling spots.

Keep in touch, Oh... cool pics :)

·
Registered
650 Posts

Yea, that's an awsome trail. You take Tomboy road out of Telluride, which is Imogene pass which is part of the Alpine Loop. I've done all the trails in that area and I believe Imogene is the most scenic. Black bear pass is pretty too, but usually opens later in the season due to its switchbacks (one in particular)
I did not get to make it out there this year :( Great Pics!

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never met ya, but I officially hate you :D

I would love to move out west where there is alot more choice of wheeling spots.

Keep in touch, Oh... cool pics :)

Yeah, i love it. My wife kinda hated it for a while but she is getting into the history and the mountains. BUt she still would jerk me back to the beach again.

I used to be the Padre Island guy . Back in the first half of the 2000's.. lets see in the archives...

I still have the Kayak! its the only thing that didn't rust.

May we all live in interesting times and places.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, that's an awsome trail. You take Tomboy road out of Telluride, which is Imogene pass which is part of the Alpine Loop. I've done all the trails in that area and I believe Imogene is the most scenic. Black bear pass is pretty too, but usually opens later in the season due to its switchbacks (one in particular)
I did not get to make it out there this year :( Great Pics!
AS I understand it Cinnamon and engineer pass connecting lake city to Animas forks makes the loop but its all the same area.

THe trails are n';t really that tough at altittude. I ke the Ouray side of Imogene in the woods with all the nice shelfs and river crossings as well as Mineral creek for its more challengiing optional lines.

Look me up. if you come up. oh and here is the approach to Tomboy
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/Bryanccfshr/P9100495.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts