TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just wanna know what you guys have broken on your truck. i havent been wheeling much to break anything (knock on wood) but would be nice to get a list on here so we all know what to have as spares :D

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Balljoints, inner tre, blew rear axle seal due to clogged diff breather, cv shaft, so nothing that is "big" or unusual.

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
Front brakeline at the fitting-

_I carry a spare front line, banjo bolt & washers

·
Registered
44 Posts
skip over this post

ElBandito said:
just wanna know what you guys have broken. i havent been wheeling much to break anything (knock on wood) but would be nice to get a list on here so we all know what to have as spares :D
Finger, nose, leg and ankle. I believe that the only replaceable ones are knees and hips though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigDaddyToy said:
Finger, nose, leg and ankle. I believe that the only replaceable ones are knees and hips though.
har har har...

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
I've put a hole in my radiator. I've lost a spark plug (took out threads with it) such that I rode home on a trailer. Exploded an inner wheel bearing on the freeway.

Anything you can break on a truck, I've seen broken on the trail. Anything can happen out there.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ElBandito said:
just wanna know what you guys have broken on your truck. i havent been wheeling much to break anything (knock on wood) but would be nice to get a list on here so we all know what to have as spares :D
hyper-extended inner CV tripod joint (Hollister)
grenaded outer joint (Dusy trail)
ripped inner boot (Dusy)
dented rocker panels (before sliders)
several other dents
mangled rear diff to the point I have a skid on it now ;)
bashed front skids all the time
lots of gashes in the tires
shreaded rims
miles of pinstripes

nothing major ;) ....yet

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
ElBandito said:
2 Motors, My cab... lots of other stuff.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
DesertTRD said:
2 Motors, My cab... lots of other stuff.
it might be simpler for you to list what you HAVEN'T broken, LOL

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
hytenor said:
it might be simpler for you to list what you HAVEN'T broken, LOL
Ok.. Here it goes

" I havent broken ...." Hmm cant think of anything, Ohh yea the steering wheel!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
DesertTRD said:
Ok.. Here it goes

" I havent broken ...." Hmm cant think of anything, Ohh yea the steering wheel!
must be stronger than I thought...didn't you crack your skull on it already? ;)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
LOL, no but im about due for something else to break, after all you fix 1-2 items and something else breaks.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
DesertTRD said:
LOL, no but im about due for something else to break, after all you fix 1-2 items and something else breaks.
after running Dusy my truck makes a bunch of strange noises and creaks a lot more than it used to. I just keep waiting for something to fall off, LOL

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
ElBandito said:

Nothing yet but a couple of dents. Installing a front locker first of next year so i guess I'll pick up a spare half shaft...... :eek:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
When i had ifs, get ready the list is long.. CV's (i almost broke 30 before i went solid), Balljoints (upper and lower), front and rear drive shafts got twisted like a pretzel, front diff blew peices of the ring and pinion out the side, rear ring and pinion has broke, 2 rear axles broken, spider/side gears exploded once, tore the rear shackle off the frame (thank god for people with onboard welders) i cant think of anything else now, but it goes to show ya that everything under there can and will break if you give it enough hell. IMO carry spare, CV's, a spare rear 3rd, spare front and rear driveshafts with u-joints, upper and lower ball joints and you should be ok, and of corse all the normal stuff....

ElBandito said:

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
at least it made it to civilization!

inner tie rod,axel,hub,rack,leaf spring,alternator,valance.plus the body damage.:cool:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I havent ever broke anything on my taco but it hasn't really been in any bad situations. No rocks here in mobile ala. The only thing I have seen broken on a taco was my cousins we where jumping hills on a powerline and getting about 15' of air it did alright the first but the second time on impact blow the beads on the driver side front tire. Not to mention was extremely stuffing his 33"s into the from fenders. He used to have it on video a buddy of ours filmed it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
43 Participants
briansc33
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing