TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your cv's are at a great enough angle after a 3" spacer lift w/o dif drop could they create a vibration? I did the 3" spacer lift in the 05 access cab TRD w/o dif drop. I now have a annoying vibration from the front end.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you get it alligned after you installed the spacers?
Had the same problem on the jeep, then they tell us that any spacers over 1.5" you need to get an alignment after.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mandymh said:
Did you get it alligned after you installed the spacers?
Had the same problem on the jeep, then they tell us that any spacers over 1.5" you need to get an alignment after.
Yup but it was like 1000 miles after.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know on the jeep, after the alignment, most vibration went away.
There still is a little vibration when accelerating through the lower end of the gears, but once you get up to speed it goes away.
I was told by a few sources, that this is normal, and that the higher you go, the more pronounced the vibration.
You can get rid of it by dropping the transfer case a bit ½” should do. But I can tell you that is MUCH, MUCH easier on a jeep than a Taco.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mandymh said:
I know on the jeep, after the alignment, most vibration went away.
There still is a little vibration when accelerating through the lower end of the gears, but once you get up to speed it goes away.
I was told by a few sources, that this is normal, and that the higher you go, the more pronounced the vibration.
You can get rid of it by dropping the transfer case a bit ½” should do. But I can tell you that is MUCH, MUCH easier on a jeep than a Taco.
I do notice that it vibrates consistant with the speed that I am going so when I hit hwy speeds I dont notice it muc but I do know it is there.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
jayotto4 said:
If your cv's are at a great enough angle after a 3" spacer lift w/o dif drop could they create a vibration? I did the 3" spacer lift in the 05 access cab TRD w/o dif drop. I now have a annoying vibration from the front end.
Call them old school or silly, or whatever, but the guys at Downey warned me of the SAME thing when I got their coilovers. Then, they showed me in their catalog the little " At 3 inches of lift, the cv's will buzz you off the highway". I laughed, and stopped at 2-5/8 inches. So,.... they were right. :xdevil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts