1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What is Boulder ever thinking? Fuck Boulder. They need to fall off into the ocean with the rest of Kalifornia.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
its not really boulder the place.... its just the crazy people in it...

·
Registered
821 Posts
I can't wait to start charging Boulder County residents to use the rest of the state. Idiots!
Great idea. Let's start a petition.

·
Registered
724 Posts
^ x2

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you had to park here, you'd get it.
It's strange that parking is an issue giving the conception that Boulder is a "green, natural" county. You would think there would be less residents with cars on the street and more walking. Hell the pedestrians have the right of way everywhere in Boulder even when the state law is not written that way.

If I get it or not it isn't right for the city to try and do this and then expect that it's residents should have access to the rest of the parks in the state. If they want to do this then they can just stay in Boulder and not leave. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i came up with a different spin on it.... offer premium parking passes. something akin to like a handicap placard... wanna park closer then pay the premuim... i would think that enough people that are lazy would be willing to pay the extra if they use the parks more often, better than alienating everyone outside your county??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Things in my life that have come from or are in Boulder...

Worst job,
Worst ex,
Worst hangover.

I still like the place, but some people up here are bat-shit insane. A friend of mine owns a restaurant on The Hill and wanted to have a patio on the sidewalk. He was willing to pay to have the sidewalk widened. He had all the permits and jumped through every hoop. Then, some douche who lived 10 blocks away decided he didn't want to be disturbed by "noise emanating from the patio at 2am" and filed a zoning complaint.

Boulder is full of NIMBYs who constantly butt heads with one another and with those they consider to be outsiders. If I was mayor of Boulder, my first order of business would be to initiate a massive and mandatory stick-up-the-ass removal campaign, paid in full by the removees.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Things in my life that have come from or are in Boulder...

Worst job,
Worst ex,
Worst hangover.
With the exception of the job, I agree :rolleyes:...tho maybe it's just cuz I went to college here :lmao:.

I still like the place, but some people up here are bat-shit insane. A friend of mine owns a restaurant on The Hill and wanted to have a patio on the sidewalk. He was willing to pay to have the sidewalk widened. He had all the permits and jumped through every hoop. Then, some douche who lived 10 blocks away decided he didn't want to be disturbed by "noise emanating from the patio at 2am" and filed a zoning complaint.
Yanno, this is the second time today I've read about one turdburger spoiling everyone else's good time. I think it's damn well time that people who want something good speak up against that one asshat that always shows up to complain, and tells that person to shut the hell up :2cents:.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's plans falling through.

Boulder is full of NIMBYs who constantly butt heads with one another and with those they consider to be outsiders. If I was mayor of Boulder, my first order of business would be to initiate a massive and mandatory stick-up-the-ass removal campaign, paid in full by the removees.
You'd have to start with the City Council :xdevil:. I would far prefer the Town of Superior and surrounding open space NOT be a part of Boulder County...

-Sean

·
Registered
305 Posts
With the exception of the job, I agree :rolleyes:...tho maybe it's just cuz I went to college here :lmao:.

Yanno, this is the second time today I've read about one turdburger spoiling everyone else's good time. I think it's damn well time that people who want something good speak up against that one asshat that always shows up to complain, and tells that person to shut the hell up :2cents:.

Sorry to hear about your buddy's plans falling through.
Actually, I went and testified in front of the planning committee, along with many, many others, and he got his patio approved. :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
That's awesome. Yeah Boulder is CLASSIC NIMBY. And Sean Start the Lobby to add Superior to Broomfield County. Ilaughed and Laughed when Boulder lost the tax revenue of Flatirons Crossing....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Actually, I went and testified in front of the planning committee, along with many, many others, and he got his patio approved. :D
Hell yeah :D...good people prevail over the forces of fuckery :xsmokin1:. Let's go get a beer on this patio. Which one is his?

And yeah Molly I was cracking up when I realized what was gonna happen to Boulder...:lmao:...what did happen to Boulder. They had to clean up Pearl Street and finally do something about the 29th Street Mall. I'm glad they did, Pearl is a lot nicer now, and so is the 29th Street area. When I left CO years ago, Pearl sorta looked like the Hill does now, and 29th Street area was starting to look a little like Detroit.

Don't want any part of B-field county...they spent themselves in to a hole w/Flatirons. I would rather see L-ville/Lafeyette/Superior become a tri-city county of their own...all three could certainly do it, they're all great communities.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
looks like I need to start charging people for driving by my house.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is a good idea, to start charging for driving past houses. I could make millions on Sunday, as every fuckstain that thinks its faster to take the I-70 frontage road through the mountains goes right by me

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
This is a good idea, to start charging for driving past houses. I could make millions on Sunday, as every fuckstain that thinks its faster to take the I-70 frontage road through the mountains goes right by me
...I am gonna have to get a vehicle you haven't seen pictures of :lmao:.

You live right off the frontage road? Rather than rail past, I'll just park and have a beer! :xpimp: Fawkin' ski [email protected]#$!...:banghead:

I'll be thinking of ways to make sitting in traffic less boring, after 4PM Sat/Sun coming down from the slopes...

#1: Road head (riding pants are water resistant for a reason!)
#2: Staying up there til late (support your local service industry!)
#3: Drinking heavily at Brewer's place
#4: In-dash console gaming
#5: In-dash movie
#eleventybillion: Cussing a lot, with road rage (what I did in the past)

More?

-Sean

1 - 20 of 33 Posts