TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is comparable to a BFG Mud Terrain?

I wore out my last mud terrain KM1 last night. It split all the way through a dry crack. I thought those tires did killer with everything I threw at them. Is there another tire that compares pretty close to the KM1? I have heard that the km2 doesn't even compare. I am running a set of Peerless Force Fours right now, but they don't seem to be as good. Not to mention heavier by a bit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I wore out my last mud terrain KM1 last night. It split all the way through a dry crack. I thought those tires did killer with everything I threw at them. Is there another tire that compares pretty close to the KM1? I have heard that the km2 doesn't even compare. I am running a set of Peerless Force Fours right now, but they don't seem to be as good. Not to mention heavier by a bit.

Check out Treadwright Guard dog M/T's, they're retreads but im running a set and love them. They are almost the ecact same tread pattern as the KM1's, Awesome traction too but ive only had them for 1k miles so far so we'll see how they wear, i have high hopes from the reviews tho.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will def have to check those out
Edit: Doesn't look like the have them in a 33 12.50 15, they discontinued the only tire they had in that size

·
Registered
237 Posts
bummer sorry i didnt check there 15" tire sizing, i run 16's so they have a big selection for them!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Maxis bighorns

·
Registered
180 Posts
Take a look at the Cooper STT's.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Come get your jacket, Dan.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Too cold and I have a foot of snow here and won't risk driving the Civic in this crap with other idiot drivers. Plus I haven't gone to work since Tuesday; work has dried up so I'm not driving an hour to do nothing.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will definitely look into the coopers. I can get them for wholesale through a friend of mine. Also going to look at a set of kevlars cuz I can get the same deal

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the Cooper STT's on two of our vehicles and they have been great. My truck has 37's and they feel and sound almost like an all terrain going 80 on the interstate. They have done well offroad in Colorado and in Moab, and the treadlife on my wife's heavy assed 4Runner has been good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Crash230
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing