TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a noise in my truck that has been around for a month, at first I thought it was a wear indicated for the front brake pads. I took the truck to the dealer for the timing belt and they told me my pads needed to be replaced. So last weekend I did a full brake job, (pads, shoes, bleed the system, and turned the rotors and pads). The noise has not stopped, it sounds like metal on metal, just like the wear indicator. I'm not sure where it is coming from and it only happens above 40 mph. Dose anyone have any suggestions.

P.S. it's a 2000 extended cab V6 TRD

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Is the noise only occur when you apply the brakes or anytime that you are over 40MPH. If anytime over 40MPH, I suppose it could be a wheel bearing or something along those lines.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the noise goes away when I press the brakes,and the nois is not constant at those speeds, it starts stope starts stops, it's never all the time

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you find out please let me know... I think I may have the same issue... I have a squel/squeak about a month old as well that sounds like it's the breaks but I can just tell that it isn't the brakes I don't think... I only hear it when the truck is moving about 40mph. I'm thinking I heard something about idler pulleys or something? I'm scared it's not the breaks and I don't want to know what it is! LOL!!!

Jason

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I’ve got a noise in my truck that has been around for a month, at first I thought it was a wear indicated for the front brake pads. I took the truck to the dealer for the timing belt and they told me my pads needed to be replaced. So last weekend I did a full brake job, (pads, shoes, bleed the system, and turned the rotors and pads). The noise has not stopped, it sounds like metal on metal, just like the wear indicator. I'm not sure where it is coming from and it only happens above 40 mph. Dose anyone have any suggestions.

P.S. it's a 2000 extended cab V6 TRD
have you checked for any small rocks caught up in the dust shield, or for a bend in it? that's a common culprit.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Are you positive it is coming from the front? Could it possibly be coming from the rear? I had a metal on metal noise for the longest time and it turned out to be rusty needle bearings in one of my u-joints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts