TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 6" suspension lift kit for my 01 TRD prerunner. I am not looking for anything fancy just something that will give it the clearance. What is the least expensive kit on the market that yall know of?

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
What are you looking to accomplish? Clear tires? If clearing tires is all you need I'll give you two avenues of approach that will give you the same amount of ground clearance if the same tires are used.
3" suspension lift either by spacer coil or coilover with the many choices of rear lifts of 2-3" with either a 2-3" bl or (if this had been available I would have done this) bushwhacker cutout flares. Either of those will give you the tire clearance of a 6" lift and are the most economical.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yeah a 3" susp. and 3" body would be the cheapest, but you can also get a used fabtech 6" susp. for 1300 on here. Really the only "ground" clearance you are gong to gain is by going up in tire size, the lifts dont necesarily provide much more ground clearance themselves, at least in the rear, in the front the only ground clearance gained is by the greater angle put on the lower control arms pushing the body up a bit. but it sounds like you are just trying to have clearance for tires so nm.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Go to home depot, get a new 6x6 post. Cut 4 chunks, and install wherever needed. Oh... you wanted it to perform. Maybe. I think honestly, for that much lift, and the tires I THINK you want to run with them, you need to go to straight axle land. As far as IFS setups, you need to think about some serious fender work, 2" body lift, a coilover, leaf combo, and possibly, some minor brain surgery. You will need to regear the truck, install a better clutch, etc. If on a budget, be happy with an extra 2-3" Your girlfriend sure would be. Be serious. The guys who run 35's are really working their rigs out hard, and they spend like the dickens to do it. And they pay. The trucks don't handle so well. Look good in 31-33" tires, and make ME feel better about driving on the road next to you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i am just gettin the lift for clearance and looks thats why i didnt need anything fancy. i appreciate the responses

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Then look to a 2-3 inch lift, some 31-33" meats, and give 'em hell. You will be a LOT happier with the ride; and remember, you will have to live with it, not us!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
33's will be fine with 3" of lift. Height won't be your problem. Width will. With a 285/75-16 you will rub a little on the frame when you crank the wheel ALL they way left or right (like when flipping a bitch). That's about it.

-Seth

·
Registered
114 Posts
From what I've learned from being around here in a short time is that most guys that want to run 33's have at least 6" of lift (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I have an 01' Pre-runner and I just installed the 3" toytech spacers and I love it so far (about 2 months give or take). I plan to add a 3" BL (body lift) and then go to 32's or 33's.

I spent $200 for my spacers plus an afternoon and about $150 for misc. tolls/parts and a front end allignment. The BL should be about $200-250 as well plus another day of instilation. SO about $600 total for 6"s of lift... Sure beats $1300 for a used Trail master lift in my opinion for a "street queen"!!!

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Go to home depot, get a new 6x6 post. Cut 4 chunks, and install wherever needed. Oh... you wanted it to perform. Maybe. I think honestly, for that much lift, and the tires I THINK you want to run with them, you need to go to straight axle land. As far as IFS setups, you need to think about some serious fender work, 2" body lift, a coilover, leaf combo, and possibly, some minor brain surgery. You will need to regear the truck, install a better clutch, etc. If on a budget, be happy with an extra 2-3" Your girlfriend sure would be. Be serious. The guys who run 35's are really working their rigs out hard, and they spend like the dickens to do it. And they pay. The trucks don't handle so well. Look good in 31-33" tires, and make ME feel better about driving on the road next to you.
I don't know where you get all of your misinformation. I'm running 35's and my truck handles great.

Later,
....Mike

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
TexasTRD said:
if i got a 3 inch lift would it clear 33's nicely or would i rub a little?
33X10.50's?
33x12.50's?

I rub 32's with 3" of lift on my '99 you'll need at least 6" to run 33's with MINIMUM rubing.
Read, read some more, and then go back and read even more. The info is all over the place. Good luck!

Mike

·
659 Posts
rojodiablo said:
where do you come up with this information. you don't need a solid axle to run 33's or 35's. Thanks for the worthless post. :clap:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Hang in there pinky... I said the guys who run 35's are spending a lot, and working their stuff hard. If I knew whick switch to hit, here is where I'd insert the clappy hands..... I NEVER said you couldn't run an IFS with 35's. I simply stated the way he made it sound was like he wanted some huge stuff, and being as I am in SoCal, POSER/showtruck central, I see these goons runnin' around all day wobbling down the road. My point was that the lift that would work right was not gonna be cheap. So, don't be the only child Bush left behind, in reading. DCab taco probably gave him the best route to search; you could have, if you knew of a good way to go. But instead, you decide to chide in on me. Cool. At least you're motivating a few of my brain cells.
Next time, post some pertinent info with your hack post, at least it would set things straight. Thanks "pinky". Paul.

·
659 Posts
This guy has a prerunner, what makes you think that he wants to go huge, or that he plans on wheeling the shit out of a 2wd truck? 3" suspension + 3" BL would suit his needs fine. If you read further through the thread you will see that I did post to him about what combo to use. Plus he even stated this as being a street queen.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I think honestly, for that much lift, and the tires I THINK you want to run with them, you need to go to straight axle land.
Instead of THINKING what tires he wants to run, why not ask him?? Plenty of people have 6" of suspension lift, or a combination of suspension and body, without having to do a SAS.

rojodiablo said:
As far as IFS setups, you need to think about some serious fender work, 2" body lift, a coilover, leaf combo, and possibly, some minor brain surgery.
Why??

rojodiablo said:
be happy with an extra 2-3" Your girlfriend sure would be. Be serious.
Be serious?? He is being serious. He's seriously asking what the cheapest 6" suspension lift is. Quit being such a fucking tool.

rojodiablo said:
I simply stated the way he made it sound was like he wanted some huge stuff
What exactly in his original post gave you that idea?? Instead of just assuming shit, why not ask the person what they want and/or plan on doing? Nothing in his post indicates he's another one of those "goons."

rojodiablo said:
...being as I am in SoCal, POSER/showtruck central, I see these goons runnin' around all day wobbling down the road...
We're all very proud of you for living in SoCal. But considering the original poster's screen name is TexasTRD, he's probably not one of those SoCal guys you apparently think he is.

rojodiablo said:
My point was that the lift that would work right was not gonna be cheap.
Considering you knew nothing about what TexasTRD was looking to do with his truck, how in the world do you know what would "work right"? What lift did you think he was talking about, and why wouldn't it work for his needs?

rojodiablo said:
DCab taco probably gave him the best route to search; you could have, if you knew of a good way to go.
Yeah, and you could have too. But instead you decided to post a bunch of worthless info that had nothing to do with TexasTRD's question.

rojodiablo said:
At least you're motivating a few of my brain cells.
I guess there really is a first time for everything...

rojodiablo said:
Next time, post some pertinent info with your hack post
Lead by example.

·
Registered
137 Posts
rojodiablo said:
You're whole post: :xbarf:

My 35s ride and handle fine. I did not spend near 1000 for my lifts (3" cornfed 3" body) and I bought used diffs geared at 5.29, a lockright in rear and an Aussie in the front (not yet installed). All in all I have spent about 1400 in tires, diffs, lockers, and lifts. Rides good - handles good - and is super capable offroad. Still haven't blown a CV yet, and my bearings and ball joints are holding up just fine.

Next time you post make sure you have the experience to back up your claims. You are providing a dis-service to anyone on here that mistakes what you say as information. :flipoff3:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
And if Puckett had posted that in the first place, all that crying would have been a moot point. Thanks guys. I'm not trying to bag or to be mean, just telling him what he MIGHT look for. So, you all finally got motivated, and he probably has some other info. I'm sure the wheeling he may do in Texas is a little different than the stuff we get here. Keep cryin' ...you are amusing me. Thanks to Puckett, and Dcab.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts