TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet you though I would have a picture but I don't :rolleyes: . What's the box attached to the air intake between the MAF and TB? I've heard it called a silencer but does it serve a purpose other than reducing intake noise? Thanks. .....Steve

·
Registered
272 Posts
SteveO said:
I bet you though I would have a picture but I don't :rolleyes: . What's the box attached to the air intake between the MAF and TB? I've heard it called a silencer but does it serve a purpose other than reducing intake noise? Thanks. .....Steve

i took mine off and didnt notice any diffrence in noise or performance...ive also heard ppl saying thats there to catch water, if water does get to that point...but who knows...? :confused:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snutty said:
i took mine off and didnt notice any diffrence in noise or performance...ive also heard ppl saying thats there to catch water, if water does get to that point...but who knows...? :confused:
Everything I read (and I searched) all said it was for noise. I want to know because I'm going to tap into it for a clean air supply to my compressor. I doubt it will have any affect, especially since the compressor rarely runs but I want to be sure first. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts