TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of gettin either a 3 or 2 inch suspension lift for my new pre runner, but i wanted to know what brand of lift i should get

i heard rancho is good, but everyone here has told me not to get them, what els is good, i dont want to go any bigger than a 3", i just dont like anything really big like that, so any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
toytec. search, there are a billion threads out there, and a million different ways to lift it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i know, but i want advice from people with trucks like mine, that accually know what they are talking about, not just what the brochure says

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thank you

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
ya i know, but i want advice from people with trucks like mine, that accually know what they are talking about, not just what the brochure says
:rolleyes:
Have you even done any research? I highly doubt that Rancho even offers a lift for Tacoma's. Even for other vehicles, they are Garbage...

What is your budget? Sky's the limit or do you want something in the middle, or do you want something that will jsut get you up there.

4X4 and Prerunners are the same. So if someone gives you advice about a 4x4 lift, a prerunner will work (except drop bracket lifts that incorporate new spindles, which isn't even the case for anyhting under 3")

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hoes, if you have the money. I will sell you my front hoes and camburg arms for $1000.
wow thats a hell of a deal i paid 2000 for my hoes and uca

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well... im saving up for the Donahoe 05-06 Stage 3 Tacoma suspension package.$2,410... it may cost a bit, but i like the look, and its not as bad as ive heard... but how hard is it to install?

·
Registered
450 Posts
All you need is tools, time and a place to do it. The install isnt bad at all plus I think its best you do it yourself so when something falls you know what your looking at.

I wana see some vid of the monte.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
well... im saving up for the Donahoe 05-06 Stage 3 Tacoma suspension package.$2,410... it may cost a bit, but i like the look, and its not as bad as ive heard... but how hard is it to install?

You "like the look?"

You know you can get the same exact "look" for much cheaper by buying some SAW's or OME coils....

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i know i know "the look", but i really am still learning about off-roading, and lots of people have told me about that

i have my own "hot rod" garage, or even at my shop, but how long do you think it would take, bc if i do it at my shop, i only have a certain time limit (7pm when i get off, til 8am when it opens) i dont mind workin an all nighter, and at my shop i have access to all tool basically possible and lifts

my 72 monte... i will get a video of it, but when i put the new motor in, then ill post it up, k?

·
Registered
361 Posts
LT that thing!!!!

cage it, LT the rear and run it on the whoops man

only way a Prerunner is gonna get use it was deserved to get

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
i know i know "the look", but i really am still learning about off-roading, and lots of people have told me about that

i have my own "hot rod" garage, or even at my shop, but how long do you think it would take, bc if i do it at my shop, i only have a certain time limit (7pm when i get off, til 8am when it opens) i dont mind workin an all nighter, and at my shop i have access to all tool basically possible and lifts

my 72 monte... i will get a video of it, but when i put the new motor in, then ill post it up, k?
Even in my tiny ass garage with some air tools and jacks and jack stands, I can lift a Tacoma 3" in about 3 or 4 hours....

It's not hard at all. Front you just jack it up, unbolt the coilovers and bolt on the new ones. The rear; I just find it easier to take out the leaf pack. This also is a good time to grease everything well back there becasuse the Leaf Spring bolts are known to sieze to the bushing's sleeve.

What I'm trying to say is, Donahoe is really overkill for a truck like that, unless you plan on doing some high speed desert shit, which isn't even good enough in the first place...

If you want looks, why spend the 2g's when you can spend less than 1000?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its my every day driver

and i get what your sayin, i just thought it handles better with new A-arms and all that stuff, huh, so you dont need all that? well thanks i could have made a huge mistake!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
its my every day driver

and i get what your sayin, i just thought it handles better with new A-arms and all that stuff, huh, so you dont need all that? well thanks i could have made a huge mistake!!!!!
Well, for the 05's, I think you need UCA's to correct the camber issue when you lift the truck... Somone with a 05 should chime in (or you can probably search)

Either way, A-arms just allow for more travel. Don't know if this applies to the 05's, but the pre 05's, UCA's were useless unless amted with extended coilovers.

For the street, you would really need a "top of the line" coilover. A SAW 2.0 should do just fine, at a big fraction of the cost...

·
Registered
101 Posts
hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................HOES

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Either way, A-arms just allow for more travel. Don't know if this applies to the 05's, but the pre 05's, UCA's were useless unless amted with extended coilovers.

For the street, you would really need a "top of the line" coilover. A SAW 2.0 should do just fine, at a big fraction of the cost...
hoes, hoes , hoes , hoes, hoes, ...
You know you can get the same exact "look" for much cheaper by buying some SAW's or OME coils....
ok, where can i find info on SAW's, OME's, UCA's?

now im interested in the SAW's

·
Registered
56 Posts
ok, where can i find info on SAW's, OME's, UCA's?

now im interested in the SAW's

Visit http://www.wheelersofforad.com

they sell this stuff. I have the OME lift front and rear and I love it. I dont see spending near $2500 (demello stage 3)for a racing suspension when I dont race, let alone go wheeling that often.

Install can be done by yourself, I wish I had air tools when I did mine. But the gratification of accomplishment is always good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts