TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for new tires for my taco, what kind would be best for my taco, im gonna get a 3inch lift, im thinkin about BFG's 33inch with all terrain, is there any better or should i get something different?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This seems a little open ended. What are you trying to do and are you making considerations for wheel backspacing and such?

·
Registered
760 Posts
im looking for new tires for my taco, what kind would be best for my taco, im gonna get a 3inch lift, im thinkin about BFG's 33inch with all terrain, is there any better or should i get something different?
search TTORA or

http://www.tirerack.com/ they have the reviews for listed tires and tire brands..

Im running BFG K/O's and have no complaints...very meaty lookin tire with great tread wear .. depends what type of driving you are doing

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You'll prolly have to :saw: if you do 33's. Like everyone else said, depends on what/where you will be driving it. BFG A/Ts will probably suit most any terrain except sloppy mud.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
My 33s BFGs fit with stock rims and spacers. I had to cut the fenderwells out, and notch the frame for them to stop rubbing,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive had my fair share of ATs... they all have their pros and cons. And everybody loves them and everybody hates them... you could read posts on websites for the next 10 years and ur decision will still be a tough one.

I just replaced my BFG AT KO with Nitto Terra Grapplers just for some change... i got 65000 miles out of my BFG and I can already tell my Nittos arent gonna last anywhere near that long... but they do ride smoother and quieter, and they clear mud better so far... havent had a chance to test them out really... HURRY UP DUCK SEASON!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm running Michelin MTX's.

Although, my truck is stock...:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of larger tires too. I currently have a 3" Tough Country lift and am running stock 265/70R16's on my '03 DBL Cab 4X4. But I'm needing new tires. I've had brilliant success with the Michelin LTX M/S in stock form, but what about some in the 285/75R16?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, ive kinda changed my mind about the 3" lift, i like the height, but it came with BFG ATs already, but it hasnt hit 500 mile break in point yet, so i dont know how good they'll be, but do you think i should just stick with thoes, or should i go with others...

80% on road driving
19% off road driving
1% who knows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts