TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 07 4 door Prerunner and want a 6in lift what lift should i go with.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
be more specific on what your gonig to do with the truck. Do you want a pavment pounder, to actually offroad, or to race through the desert?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
TroutFisher said:
also be aware that you will loose your warenty on the drivetrain, if you do a big lift..

i was talking to the service manager at Lighthouse the other day. They have a company train their techs to install the lifts (PC) and work on them. That toyota keeps a tacoma and an FJ with 6" pro comps in stock all the time. The company that sells Lighthouse these lifts and parts will warranty the truck for 36K miles after install.

idk if thats bc its a PC lift or if its just the company.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
i was talking to the service manager at Lighthouse the other day. They have a company train their techs to install the lifts (PC) and work on them. That toyota keeps a tacoma and an FJ with 6" pro comps in stock all the time. The company that sells Lighthouse these lifts and parts will warranty the truck for 36K miles after install.

idk if thats bc its a PC lift or if its just the company.
Well this is where we get into tecnicallity.....
Ya my dealer sells toyotech and said they would still cover toyota warenty repairs.
I said can you put that in writing? they said no, but we will not void your warrenty if we install the kit, and we do the repairs.

In otherwords, they as an independant are personnaly saying that, but if you break down out of town, another toyota dealer may say sorry, you altered your vehicle and thats why your CVs failed.

So its a gamble..Technicaly the "Toyota" warenty is void. If they look the other way when they see mods that is thier choice.

"The company that sells Lighthouse these lifts and parts will warranty the truck for 36K miles after install."

I would be very weary that a parts distributer has the capacity to void or not the Toyota warenty... Toyota wouldent allow that, Are they saying they give you a aftermarket 36,000mile warenty, just for buying thier product? I doubt it. I would assume they are just saying they will cover costs of repair if toyota doesent..Ill bet they are saying they will warrenty "thier" product for 36,000, not the toyota CVs etc...

Either way I would need it in Writing to belive there is any validity if something happened that was expensive to fix....
GL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts