TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i am a new member to this site and a new proud owner of a 2006 Tacoma doublecab prerunner LB. Its my first toyota and my first truck and i love it. But now i want to add some parts and one of those is a liftkit. I want a lift not extremely expensive, between 3 and 5in., and i like the look when the tires stick out a few in. Please tell me what would work best and look the best. Thank you, your comment is greatly appreciated !!!!
P.S. Could you also tell me what size tires and rims i should put on it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Which do you want? The best or a 3" to 5" lift and wheels that make your tires stick out?

Do a search for God's sake.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
you could go with a simple revetek 3in spacer kit, with some 32s or you can go with a full bracket kit for 35s, and you can do coilovers. and set them to about a 3in lift to fit 32s, i think you can fit 33s with trimming, but i dont have one...yet.:D

·
Registered
401 Posts
As far as rims you have to go 16'' or bigger. If money isn't an issue....buy doetsch tech or camburgs or donahoes for the coilovers. Crank em to about 2.5'' and put some 32s or 33s under it. You might have to get a grinder or hammer in the pinch weld. Will you be wheeling, or using this for looks, if so revtek spacers will be fine. Just remember that if you use the spacers and wheel often, you put to much strain on the control arms and if you crank the coilovers up to much you put the cv axles at to high of an angle. However there are a couple of members here who use spacers and have had them for 3 years and have had no problems.

For future questions such as these, use the search feature, it will answer all of the questions you have. Also, post this in the noob forum if you are just to incompetent to use the search feature.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
M Wallace said:
Hi there, i am a new member to this site and a new proud owner of a 2006 Tacoma doublecab prerunner LB. Its my first toyota and my first truck and i love it. But now i want to add some parts and one of those is a liftkit. I want a lift not extremely expensive, between 3 and 5in., and i like the look when the tires stick out a few in. Please tell me what would work best and look the best. Thank you, your comment is greatly appreciated !!!!
P.S. Could you also tell me what size tires and rims i should put on it.
Camburg/SAW 2.0's with 0-3.0" of lift

If you want the wheels to stick out get less backspacing on the wheels

Go with 285/70/17 for tire with 4.0BS on the wheel, that should do the trick

I wouldnt suggest 17" wheel/tire combo if youre gonna offroad, because the price diff b/t 16" and 17" is big. A 17" tire is significantly more expensive than a 16" tire. I learned by lesson :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
ryguy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing