TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' 2.7 and don't know which muffler to pick. The guy at my local shop said 40 series Flowmaster. I figured you guys probably know alot more than him by the way he talks about certain subjects. I don't want it to be incredibly loud, but would like it to be deeper and a little louder. Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
717 Posts
my buddie has a flowmaster 40 on his 2.7 and i think it sounds great! ask them if you can test out a few different mufflers when you take it into the shop, thats what i did. just listen and find what you like.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think most folks around here run either a 40 series or a magnaflow.

I had a Magnaflow (chambered, not a straight through design), sounded very nice, not bad at highway speeds. Had it plumbed into the stock piping, which finally gave up.

My take on my Flowmaster is a bit different... Way, way too loud, I have a hi-flow cat so that didn't help, resonated horribly at highway speeds, even with 2 layers of PNS, ended up ditching it for a budget muffler that dumps above the axle... Just a little sound, thats all.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Go with a Magnaflow thats what i have on my 2.7 and it sounds great. The flowmaster 40 series is to loud in the cab...i had a flowmaster 40 series first and it really sucked on the freeway...just watch what length muffler they put on....the longer it is the quieter it will be.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Go with a Magnaflow thats what i have on my 2.7 and it sounds great. The flowmaster 40 series is to loud in the cab...i had a flowmaster 40 series first and it really sucked on the freeway...just watch what length muffler they put on....the longer it is the quieter it will be.
i can only hear my muffler in the cab when i get on it

highway speeds, cruisin round town... i hear nothing...

love my Delta Flow 40!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is that hooker loud? What about an areo turbine muffler? Anyone running one of those?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx everybody..guess I'll let em' put the 40 series flowmaster on. It's going on stock piping, I guess if I don like it I can always switch it out, haha. I appreciate the replys!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think the Aerochamber sounds good. It is a little loud, but that is with a LCE header and Magnaflow cat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
muff jobber

i have a 40 series on my 97 2.7....high flow cat 3 inch tip i love the way it sounds its not to loud for me. gas mileage difference too!!!:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
ive got flow master 50 series and love it just a little louder and deeper over stock

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ive got flow master 50 series and love it just a little louder and deeper over stock
thats what i was thinkin bout gettin when I went to order mine, it was between the 50 and the 40, but i said ahhhh hell with it and went with the 40, i've heard 50s on other vehicles, sounded great, but haven't heard on a taco...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone seen or tried that new Super 44 Flowmaster?? I've been lookinat it as I also have a 2.7 and just wondering what anyone thought. There used to be a soundclip function on one of the manufacturers websites that you could preview audio clips of the system on your ride. I'll keep looking and see if I can link it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Flowmaster is one of the worst mufflers you can use on a small displacement low HP output motor - the baffles in the muffler slow down the exhaust flow and can actually hurt HP and Torque numbers - JBA has a system for your 2.7L application

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just put on a LCE header, high flow cat and a jardine catback on my 98 2.7. It is very loud. I'm trying to figure out a way to turn in down alittle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts