TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what scan tools people around here have.

Im not looking for a top of the line scanner. Just one that can pull and erase codes, along with viewing live data.

I have looked at the part store brands and some on Amazon and Ebay, but dont get a warm and fuzzy.

What are you all using?

I am leaning torward this:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I have a Scanguage II mounted on the steering column. I also have a hand held Actron.

I like the Scangauge a lot. It has lots of features and you can use it as an additional gauge. Showing voltage or MPG etc.

The only thing I like better about the Actron is it displays short and long term fuel trim seperatly.

The Scangauge only shows an A/F ratio.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Scangauge II for the price, extra features it packs and convience.
I still have one that worked with my old Compac IPAQ but the Scangauge II gets the nod 99.9% of the time. The only thing the IPAQ has over the Scangauge is data recording and real time graphing but for everything else the Scangauge is the better tool and value.
And yes although it's typically mounted in your vehicle for convience, it's still easy to remove and use on another vehicle.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm running a Scangauge II as well. Since it's always in the 4runner - it's very convenient for every person I know that throws a CEL :rolleyes:
And I refuse to clear codes for people that may be selling a car soon. :)

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Does the SGII show transmission temperature. I have been reading about it, it looks like it's an extra option, but I don't how it is added.
I believe you have to code it in.
If you look it up you'll find out how to do it. Google "adding trans temp to scan gauge."

As for me, I just have a normal one you can buy at autozone for like $75. I can't recall the brand name. No live data though.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
They're called xgauge IIRC. You have to type in the code from the net as Scuba said.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Scangauge Here. Only downside is whenever I get a smog done, they question what chip I have plugged in. I always forget to unplug it and hide the cord...

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just bought a scanguage today. I found 20% off on the Autozone website, and they have free shipping. So it was something like $137.50 to my door, instead of the normal $159-169, plus tax, plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Scangauge II.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Anyone ever found one that can "drive" or activate stuff like the Toyota SST?

It can activate the fuel pump and other things I have never seen done with other scanners.

Even my friends high dollar Innova won't do it.

Toyota wants way too much for their's.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
I know you can order the sst without the price by using a cross reference number on a website. I can't remember the website, but Google should turn it up

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
A cheap one from autozone like Scuba said (i think i got the cheaper orange one). I used it once on my truck and a bunch of times on my wifes camry.

What are you guys doing that you need a scangage or the need for a badass scan tool?
Speedo correction, transmission and coolant temps while towing, etc.
I wanted a scangauge, but I realized I'd never use it to its full potential.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts