rijrunr said:
Bueller? Bueller?
Off the top of my head- I think its a 8mm bolt (the head is prob 12 mm) -
not sure on the length- though

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fine thread? I have the diff drop which is my problem to begin with...

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
coArse, of course

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Stock skid plate bolts are 8x 1.25mm thread, 25mm long, 12mm head.

2004 DCab.

I have not been able to find the right head size at the hardware stores, they all seem to come in 14mm head size for some reason?

While all the factory hardware is 12mm?

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
you could always drill/tap put in some bigger ones, that way theyll be easier to find :D

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
tanKoma said:
you could always drill/tap put in some bigger ones, that way theyll be easier to find :D
All the skid plate bolts have the buts welded onto the frame, I don't think re-tapping those would be any good, and would suck if you messed up, cause if I remember correctly, a couple of them are in the crossmembers...

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
ahh yeah forgot about those ones in the back i think mine are still stuck in there :banghead:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
tanKoma said:
The threads are the same, meaning that the ones from the hardware store fit the threads on the skid plates, but you have to have two different socket heads to get them all off, some are 12mm the stock OEM ones and the others from the hardware store are 14mm. Not a big deal, maybe even a little nit picky, but I wanted all my bolt heads to be the same size. Anal I guess. :D

edited to add, that drilling out the OEM holes isn't all that bad of an idea, all ya would have to do is weld a nut on the top bracket in the back, viola larger more sturdy than OEM, the bracket on the other hand, well???????

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, off I go to the hardware store 1 day before I go out to AZ ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
FYI guys - if you are ever out in the boonies, and your battery hold-down bracket vibrates loose... :rolleyes: the skid plate bolts are the same size as the bracket bolt - it's nice to have all those spares on board in a pinch ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts